sea glass

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Red is the most sought after color ...but I dont really think any of it is worth much. I collect it and have bowls of it around the house just because its so pretty..

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Your hunting glass for the wrong reasons if your doing it for money, its not worth anything, its broken glass, but its worth more than money to certain people, such as i. Enjoy it for what it is, not hte money value.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang. We've gone diving at a place called Glass Beach in N. Calif. That stuff is all over the place. Next time I go I'm taking a big sack!

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
well, there is sea glass, what about desert glass??? the sea glass is a little more tumbled, but i too got loads of desert glass. i love pickin up the stuff

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2mry said:
well, there is sea glass, what about desert glass??? the sea glass is a little more tumbled, but i too got loads of desert glass. i love pickin up the stuff
around here i also find loads of river glass

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
gypsyheart said:
Red is the most sought after color ...but I dont really think any of it is worth much. I collect it and have bowls of it around the house just because its so pretty..
Close to where I live on Puget sound they used to take the garbage out on barges and dump it. People come by the hoards to get the "sea glass" after storms. And yes, red seems to be the one that most people treasure. I have a jar I found in an old bottle dump years ago that is full and quite beautiful I might add. I can't say as I would want to sell it, or even that it is worth selling, but I do enjoy it's beauty...It doesn't poop on the floor. I don't have to feed it, and changing the water takes a matter of seconds!
~Nashoba~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions