davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my seahunter doesn't always sound the way it did when new. Occassionally on start up the 4 beeps will be loud, once in a while they'll be almost non existant, then loud again (this is in the same time frame, not days later so it's not batteries). then I'll get a crackle or static sound when I pass over a target, or I'll get an overloud sound and then a mishmash of sounds while trying to pinpoint.

I need opinions on whether or not it's the headphones or the unit. Coil is brand new and things have not changed since installing it.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The easiest way to find out is to try another headset. Of course that could be an issue if nobody has a similar machine or dealer near by. Other then that, you may have to send it in to the factory.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with John. It could be the headset or interally in the box. At least Garrett will make it right the first time unlike Minelab lately.

Good Luck. :coffee2:
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread