Search for Washingtons Camp

Rogerm069

Jun 5, 2006
New Albany, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher, White, Garrett
Search for Washington's Camp

Yesterday and today my wife and I went out to what supposely was the camp where George Washington's troop stayed over nite headed to Valley Forge. It's an old grismill from 1790's. They made it into a park, and last week while detecting a local park a Pa. Fish ad Game worker stopped and was asking me if I had done the old Grismill so we scoped it out and set the plan in motion.
So after 4 hours on Sunday and another 2 today its with great disappointment that we ended up with:

a hood ornament
fishing reel spool
5 memorials
1 clad dime
1 1946 wheatie
silver plated fork
and a button

We had a friend with us on Sunday and he got an old sign that was for shaping tools and in 3 peices and a metal counter wheel and 2 memorials, a dime, and some scrape metal pieces(Not shown)
So the hunt for the camp continues!!
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN0364.JPG
    DSCN0364.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,134
  • DSCN0368.JPG
    DSCN0368.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 1,158
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Search for Washington's Camp

Nice effort and making this post to show all your time and effort is not in vain ! Keep at it and good things will happen ! dawg :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

Rogerm069

Jun 5, 2006
New Albany, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher, White, Garrett

I have research Washington's routes and can't seem to find anything on his camps Is there anything I can do? Is there documents or maps?
Help me me find out or is there anything out there?
Thanks,
Roger

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello:

The important thing is you got out :icon_thumleft:, might be worth another look there :icon_thumright:

SS

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

When armies made camp, they did in the fields a ways from the house, usually in the clearings around the farm field or on it if it was after the harvest......... while the commanding staff was
offered quarters in the house (provided that there was enough room). Start asking around to see if anyone knows the original property boundaries. You might be at the camp sight, but
just missing the actual camp by a short ways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread