Searchcoils....big vs. small

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned a great lesson on small coils many years ago. Let a friend talk me into a small coil (4 inch). Went back to the best yard I have ever hunted and had officially labeled it hunted-out. Built in the late 1700's. Hit the areas that were heaviest in trash and would have sworn the coins grew back. Not just a few I had missed but almost felt embarrassed that I assumed it was hunted-out. They certainly have their place in a diggers arsenal.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learned a great lesson on small coils many years ago. Let a friend talk me into a small coil (4 inch). Went back to the best yard I have ever hunted and had officially labeled it hunted-out. Built in the late 1700's. Hit the areas that were heaviest in trash and would have sworn the coins grew back. Not just a few I had missed but almost felt embarrassed that I assumed it was hunted-out. They certainly have their place in a diggers arsenal.
Thank You, It's about time I hear about a small coil doing good. I hear the small coil is good for nugget shooting gold too.
Now only if I could teach my German Shephard to sniff and find gold & only if I could teach sheep to wash dishes! lol

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You, It's about time I hear about a small coil doing good. I hear the small coil is good for nugget shooting gold too.
Now only if I could teach my German Shephard to sniff and find gold & only if I could teach sheep to wash dishes! lol

Ditch the sheep for a good woman maybe!

OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure wish the manufacturers would go back to offering their models with a 7 or 8 inch coil. JMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions