searching areas around garbage cans in the beach

astro-nut

Sep 12, 2008
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
Hsa anyone ever thought or searched areas around garbage cans in the beach? Yesterday while leaving the beach my machine gave me alot of good tones around the area so i was thinking of going back today to search that area with a 5 inch coil I have any input would greatly appreciate it

Manny

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Too much trash for me.
I tried for awhile but never had any good finds. Not to say there aren't any to be found.
My efforts go elsewhere.

HTH

Ralph

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I have. I've seen other posts where guys have found some nice things around trash cans but.... for me it is more like Motauk3 says... too much garbage and I put my time elsewhere now. Good luck.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Mostly clad. I did find an engagement ring (single stone), once, but that is more the exception than the rule. Honestly, there is too much trash to ferret out the occasional dime.

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
I don't hunt beaches but I tend to avoid trashcans by 10-15' because of all the small trash that I would otherwise spend all day digging.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting with Cavedweller once in one of his secret locations. When he was up near the garbage can near the exit point he found a beauty of a ring. I've only found clad. One time I found about $4 in quarters near a garbage can, but again it was near an exit point.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually hunt the line of garbage cans before I start working the water line.

This is the only ring that I've ever found around the garbage cans. 14k w/possible diamonds. Still haven't had them checked.
002.JPG

You don't know til you try!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 407

Baja Vinnie

Jan 14, 2010
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 Fisher F5
Wow, I'm a bit shocked at the amount of beach hunters that avoid trash cans. I always stop on the way out and dump my trash. When I do I usually give it a few swings. I have found MANY nice items and clad within a few feet. Last year I picked up a huge chunk of sharp glass on the wet sand and walked it over to a trash can. Decided to swing my coil from the trash can back to the wet sand. Immediately I got a great signal next to the can. Pulled out a 13 gram size 13 14K white gold wedding band. :laughing7: I still have the pics but I don't want to hijack this thread. Just like lifeguard stands, large beach trash cans can be very good places to swing a coil.

BV

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What it comes down to Is , Gold can be found anywhere there is a concentration of people .. Its all a crap shoot. A lot of luck ,hard work and knowing what your detector is telling you ... Guzz1 :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take a few swings around the trash cans. I have found clad and jewerly around them yes there is trash but with a sand scoop there is no hard digging. Scoop it up if it is trash dump it in the trash can......Matt

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
guzz1 said:
What it comes down to Is , Gold can be found anywhere there is a concentration of people .. Its all a crap shoot. A lot of luck ,hard work and knowing what your detector is telling you ... Guzz1 :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Very well said.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found clad. I usually hit them on the way out, those and by the shower heads.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guzz1 said:
Ditto, Ditto. Sand is sand and treasures can be anywhere. Since the scooping is easy, go for it, an good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread