Searching The Roobeer Stand Half Dollars

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
thursday-sunday is the county fair out here. there is alot of stuff to do out there! anyway, they have a homemade rootbeer stand out there that gives half dollars as change becuase it cost $1.50 to get you bottle refilled and if you give them $2, they give you a bottle of rootbeer and a half. i'm thinking about asking them if i could search through their tub of half dollars they have. i bet its at least $500 worth! i'll probaly ask them if i can search them on thursday becuase thats the first day, and not too many people are there, and they have more half dollars! i hope i find some silver! i'm just wondering if they are going to let me search through the tub? i really want to go through it, but i'm not sure. every time i get a half in change there, the first thing i do is look at the date. who knows, there might be barbers and walkers in there!! :D

Upvote 0

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Hum.... a tub with about $500 in halves. me thinks whoever is handing them out as change has bought a box and has allready took care of the silver and is trying to circulate the clad.

Good luck

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
me thinks that too.

Perhaps you can sell them your rejects, though.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
soldierman said:
Hum.... a tub with about $500 in halves. me thinks whoever is handing them out as change has bought a box and has allready took care of the silver and is trying to circulate the clad.

Good luck
And if they didn't buy a box and already "take care of the silver",YOU may tip them off,to the fact that there is sometimes silver to be found in boxes and get another hunter started in YOUR area,even before you can begin to search boxes yourself :'(.

My suggestion to you is:Try and look into the tub if you can see it without being too obvious OR if there is a hot girl(preferably around your age ;)),strike up a conversation with her about school or whatever and casually mention that you collect "coins",NOT "OLD" coins!,and that it would be cool if she would let you look for some dates you need for your set and see what happens...

Do NOT utter the word "SILVER",or you WILL start at least a few new hunters out of that stand alone and they may tell others ETC.

Good luck,but be cautious,because in my experience,when a business of an type is actively circulating halves from their register,then someone who works there is a hunter and uses it as an outlet to get rid of rejects.

OP
OP
coinlover

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
they have the half under the counter. >:( so i can't see them. gotton about 5 halves so far, just a bunch of 1971D and 1980D. i'm thinking about buying a roll off them. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread