seasaoned water hunter AT pro

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone I am mainly a dirt hunting kinda guy but recently sense I have my at pro I have been doing a few local lakes and struck a nice gold pendant a couple weeks ago so guess what.......I have the fever now , I have been going every weekend and every time I go I score something that makes it worth my while sunglasses, fake bling, ect ect
my question is I went and bought me a pretty nice snorkel yesterday , I want to try that. But I have not got the waterproof headsets.....yet
so with the stock cap that covers the headset ..is it still water proof on the AT pro it does have a o ring in it but I've never took it in without the headsets on...thank you for your replies
next question we have a lot of rocky clay bottom lakes here in Alabama I have a nice little sifter I made with noodles on it...floats real good beside me
and I have a $50.00 wire mesh scoop but it is not strong enough to really get down into the clay...any suggestion's on a good scoop preferably nice long handle to give me some more leverage
thanks Again

H.H
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you going to hear it without headphones if you have it submerged?

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will not be submerge will only be hunting waist deep. ...
While retrieving target or even water splashing
The at laying in water... didn't want to chance it getting wet ...internally
I use my stock headset when I submerge machine ... but I wanna try out the snorkel

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says, "Good to ten feet"......time to find out, I guess. If not, they'll repair it. Reminds me of the first bass boat I purchased, was scared to death to scratch it. Finally drove it up onto a gravel beach just to rid myself of the fear. :laughing7: Point is, "waterproof to ten feet".....and so it should be.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks !
Any suggestions on a good scoop?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sending you a PM

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty will look into the t rex and the stealth as well and compare thanks to all

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell the gold pendent and buy the head phones you need.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
You can wade with the stock head phones and the connector is water proof. Just can't get the head set part wet.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell the gold pendent and buy the head phones you need.

Head phones ordered from Wanda from
One of the sponsors
Now after scoop

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For maximum leverage, especially if you need to pry rocks, a straight up 90 degree angle handle works bests.
want a stainless steel tip to cut through hard clay.
If there are shells/gravel open stainless steel basket with close one half inch holes drains best.
If you need to dig close to large rocks a sharp Vish Euro tip on the basket works best.

Recommend Sunspot Stealth Classic 8 stand up water scoop, with 54" wood handle, especially if you search with 10" or larger DD coils.
If you pin point well and want a lighter scoop you may get by with the smaller Stealth Classic 6.5 stand up water scoop.
If you don't like having to bend forward when digging in deep water , install the lift assist facing toward you near the top of the 50'' wooden shaft and it will work like a standard 20 degree angle handle.
I

hello everyone I am mainly a dirt hunting kinda guy but recently sense I have my at pro I have been doing a few local lakes and struck a nice gold pendant a couple weeks ago so guess what.......I have the fever now , I have been going every weekend and every time I go I score something that makes it worth my while sunglasses, fake bling, ect ect
my question is I went and bought me a pretty nice snorkel yesterday , I want to try that. But I have not got the waterproof headsets.....yet
so with the stock cap that covers the headset ..is it still water proof on the AT pro it does have a o ring in it but I've never took it in without the headsets on...thank you for your replies
next question we have a lot of rocky clay bottom lakes here in Alabama I have a nice little sifter I made with noodles on it...floats real good beside me
and I have a $50.00 wire mesh scoop but it is not strong enough to really get down into the clay...any suggestion's on a good scoop preferably nice long handle to give me some more leverage
thanks Again

H.H
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

HARRASS

Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria
Detector(s) used
2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
Check out 'sand scoop' HARRASS. It might be your answer.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread