Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Let's hope so

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if I am happy or sad??? This is a show I love to hate!
So I heard they finally push Marty down 10x to get the 7th dead person and then they find all the missing Templar treasure.
Sorry for the spoiler!!! :tongue3: :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I just read that a fan called the Nova Scotia Film Commission and asked them if they had issued any permits to film on Oak Island beginning in the Spring of 2017. The answer was yes! Also - The Curse of Oak Island Season 5 is happening, star confirms...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only treasure on Oak Island is the TV sponsor's money, they have zero interest in finding anything. I know someone who was involved and quit because they were not really looking for anything other than ratings.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The only treasure on Oak Island is the TV sponsor's money, they have zero interest in finding anything. I know someone who was involved and quit because they were not really looking for anything other than ratings.

I have to agree with you on that. Starting out I liked the show, but later learned some interesting things about one of the folks that appeared on it. Simply put plagiarism of Penfield's work word for word is a dead give away on how credible the cast are.

ArkhamB

Greenie
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please elaborate :hello:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My favorite episode was about the chap they brought over from the U.K. who was obsessed with finding ciphers in Shakespeare's work. He had that "map" that supposedly matched the location of the boulders or stones. They ended the episode with a cliffhanger (what was underneath the big rock) and he was never heard from again. Or something like that. I admit I haven't watched seasons 3 or 4.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they all knew going in they may not find anything, but I'm willing to be that they sure hoped they would. Can you imagine the hype for the show and the TV channel in general if they were to actually find a nice treasure...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
‘The Curse Of Oak Island’ Gets Season 5 Premiere Date On History

The Curse of Oak Island...Season 5.jpg

History has slotted Tuesday, November 7, 9 PM for the Season 5 premiere of its top nonfiction series The Curse Of Oak Island.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marty_treasure.jpg

As The Curse of Oak Island Season 5 was finally officially announced yesterday, History also revealed some seriously juicy information — that the new season sees the Lagina brothers uncover a pirate’s chest and keys for three other chests.

The network also revealed that Rick and Marty dig deeper than ever before this season, and as well as the chest and set of keys also uncover other as-yet-unannounced artifacts.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...oak-island-returning-for-season-5-november-7/

If they bring up an artifact, down deeper than anyone dug before.... then you have something....

Your Bud Aurum

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then you're still current with what's actually been found. Bupkus...
Ha ha..... BUT what about all that old wood.......

A Pirates chest... Read empty wooden box.... Keys... Dan's been looking for those lost keys for years....

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard but I can not confirm this information.The Laginas had applied for and received some type of permit for excavating in New Ross.

If I had to guess ....the well on the former Joan Harris property was the target if this turns out to be true.

Nothing there to find there either but they have already featured this well on one of their shows and they might be able to draw out a couple episodes poking around in the well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing there to find there either but they have already featured this well on one of their shows and they might be able to draw out a couple episodes poking around in the well.
NOTHING THERE TO FIND.... But what about the triangle shaped chip in the rock... Didn't that PROVE that the well by built by the Templars...:laughing7:

I suppose they are going have to do all types of things to get 12 or so episodes out of a new series.. Who knows they might start digging up 'Gary's' island where he found the foot of an old statue and "deduced" from that there was treasure buried under his island also...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they bring up an artifact, down deeper than anyone dug before.... then you have something....
This does presuppose that it is known exactly how deep that previous treasure seekers have dug and that newer shafts have not simply resulted in rubble falling down deeper (or floating around in the underground caverns/tunnels that dot that part of the island). It may also be the case that the underground caverns connect to the ocean and stuff has washed into them form elsewhere....

I do want there to be something found on OI that is worthy of all the effort but simply do not believe any longer that this is the case.

This new series seems more likely just to be a money/ratings venture by the makers of it. I do not believe that the Laginas still believe that treasure exists on OI.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Lagina Brothers find nearly 2 Million Dollar Treasure!

Curse of Oak Island, one other TV series receives NSBI funding

The Curse of Oak Island - Crew Pics.jpg

History’s television series Curse of Oak Island has received more than $1.9 million in funding from NSBI. (CONTRIBUTED)

Nova Scotia Business Inc. announced two newly approved productions through the Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund on Tuesday.
The fifth season of the TV series Curse of Oak Island, produced by Tell Tale International Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $1,926,689, based on an eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $6,531,148, according to a news release.

The fund applies to eligible costs like labour, goods or services purchased from a Nova Scotia supplier. When an application is approved, NSBI issues a commitment letter that can be used for bank financing. When the applicant proceeds with the official incentive agreement, that agreement can also be used in the financing process.
Once a production is approved for a funding commitment, the funds are placed in reserve. When the production is complete, the applicant submits a final claim to NSBI for processing and disbursement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread