Season 5

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just an "Optimist"!

Based on his posts, Robot is either a lagina brother or one who has found a templar vault on an inaccessible mountain filled with treasure stacked on coconut fibers.....

Optimist.png

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on this photo Dunfield dug on the North side of the Hedden and Chapell shafts. H8 is between them and NMT shaft is south of that dunfield.png the photo is looking south and was taken in 1965 Not that I care but I do not think it is Dunfields Junk

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on this photo Dunfield dug on the North side of the Hedden and Chapell shafts. H8 is between them and NMT shaft is south of that View attachment 1557657 the photo is looking south and was taken in 1965 Not that I care but I do not think it is Dunfields Junk

Its easy to understand the "mysterious timbers" being found......just look at the ones falling into the hole.....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I care but I do not think it is Dunfields Junk
What is so annoying is that the brothers will never even raise the possibility that stuff they find could just be other searchers rubbish. They keep saying things like "No one has dug this deep" "Virgin soil" etc.. When the whole place has been dug up so many times over hundreds of years.. There are not accurate records of where people have dug before (This is why no one knows where the original pit actually is).. With the current metal obstruction is MUST be from other searchers as no one has come across an obstruction at this depth before...

It is like the piece of lead they have from Smiths Cove. The pics on the previous page show that the whole area around the U shaped structure was dug up. The cross was found at the same spot as the U shaped structure (as shown by the wood they just dug up). Thus that area MUST of been dug up before. So the lead must of been deposited on the surface after that dig. They MUST know this.. yet they do not test the lead because.... Why?... And now they continue to say they have found a "Medieval Lead Cross" with ABSOLUTLEY nothing to support that this piece of lead is Medieval or even a cross (as compared to a cross shaped piece of lead that has fallen off something else)...

They could raise these possibilities and it would make much better viewing is my view...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an "Optimist"!
When the show first started I was so optimistic... I even (if ridiculously rich) would of spent money on the recovery effort... As the seasons have progressed... I thought last season actually had answered most of the questions..

I believe that the descendants believe their story that the original finders recovered some treasure (I accept that this does not make it true). This explained to me the source of the legend. There was treasure and people looked for more. It may even be the case that Sam Ball found some treasure on OI.

They had shown that at some point there was some major activity happening on OI at least 100 years or so before the original pit finders...

They had PROVED that no treasure still laid buried in the pit...

Now at the end of 16 episodes of season 5 NOTHING has been added to that narrative... This season has found nothing, shown nothing, proved nothing... I cannot see where your optimism still comes from......

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the show first started I was so optimistic... I even (if ridiculously rich) would of spent money on the recovery effort... As the seasons have progressed... I thought last season actually had answered most of the questions..

I believe that the descendants believe their story that the original finders recovered some treasure (I accept that this does not make it true). This explained to me the source of the legend. There was treasure and people looked for more. It may even be the case that Sam Ball found some treasure on OI.

They had shown that at some point there was some major activity happening on OI at least 100 years or so before the original pit finders...

Now at the end of 16 episodes of season 5 NOTHING has been added to that narrative... This season has found nothing, shown nothing, proved nothing... I cannot see where your optimism still comes from......

Its all in his head.................

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Two Words...And These Words Are For You..."Have Faith"!

Faith.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is like the piece of lead they have from Smiths Cove. The pics on the previous page show that the whole area around the U shaped structure was dug up. The cross was found at the same spot as the U shaped structure (as shown by the wood they just dug up). Thus that area MUST of been dug up before. So the lead must of been deposited on the surface after that dig.

The previous mass diggings did not examine the fill in great detail. The lead cross could have been embedded in the fill, perhaps deposited in a different location during a dig, then finally ended up near the surface by one of the weather events. I don't know how lead 'ages' when it's not exposed to air or submerged directly in water.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The previous mass diggings did not examine the fill in great detail. The lead cross could have been embedded in the fill, perhaps deposited in a different location during a dig, then finally ended up near the surface by one of the weather events. I don't know how lead 'ages' when it's not exposed to air or submerged directly in water.
It may well of been... The only thing they have said was that "the whole area had been detected before".. Nothing else has been mentioned discussed about the lead's providence, age, weathering, exposure etc... They put this forward as "One of the most significant finds in the history of OI" and tell us nothing at all about the cross....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expect that perhaps in the season finale, they will have taken a mold of the cross then poured a gold copy then painted it in silver. The Gawaaay or someone will scrape off the paint and say wow! This proves everything (whatever that is)....

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
I expect that perhaps in the season finale, they will have taken a mold of the cross then poured a gold copy then painted it in silver. The Gawaaay or someone will scrape off the paint and say wow! This proves everything (whatever that is)....

I dont think it was ever even meant to be a cross. I think it is a fishing weight for weighting down bait on a cobble bottom where your typical sinkers and sand bags are easily slid over round smooth rocks. You want to keep your line tight to keep your bait off the bottom and there is not much chance of that on round cobble bottoms. Also a slim chance of getting it caught with 45-60 pound test, you would just bend the arms straight and bring it in. The line likely broken from the eyelet being punched with square end of a round file. Just quick google search makes complete sense of the lead eyelet fishing sinker....

The cross is some creative fisherman casting his own weights like my dad and all our fishing buddies used to do.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.0.0....0.X7ce03i9Bso

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind they had a rough winter up there as it tore up the roadway around the island. ( if you remember the first episode of this year ) It could have easily washed the cross up from the ocean or uncovered it from beach area...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont think it was ever even meant to be a cross. I think it is a fishing weight for weighting down bait on a cobble bottom where your typical sinkers and sand bags are easily slid over round smooth rocks. You want to keep your line tight to keep your bait off the bottom and there is not much chance of that on round cobble bottoms. Also a slim chance of getting it caught with 45-60 pound test, you would just bend the arms straight and bring it in. The line likely broken from the eyelet being punched with square end of a round file. Just quick google search makes complete sense of the lead eyelet fishing sinker....

The cross is some creative fisherman casting his own weights like my dad and all our fishing buddies used to do.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.0.0....0.X7ce03i9Bso

I use to use old 1 meg Sims for lures and pickerel would kill them. Could just about catch one every time I casted it out.

So here is the table with all there finds that they have made

View attachment 1558005

Source:https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...-recap-the-one-that-got-marty-lagina-dancing/

I am having a bit of trouble working out which one is the Ark.......

Come on... it's right there next to the Chalice and Marie's jewels. :laughing7:

Keep in mind they had a rough winter up there as it tore up the roadway around the island. ( if you remember the first episode of this year ) It could have easily washed the cross up from the ocean or uncovered it from beach area...

Don't most coastal locations have rough storms multiple times every year? They have pretty much reinforced that it is a FAKE by not getting it tested. Wood and bones get Smelled and Tested right away. But a precious, thousand year old, one of a kind artifact can just sit... and sit... and sit and not get tested?
Playing the BS card right now!

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE A HOAX

Chesapeake, Virginia to Boston

sealevel600_.gif

Even though the Lagina brothers drilling efforts are proving worthless, we have to remember the coastal area, sea levels, land elevation and tides have changed over the last 1000 years.
The island is not as accessible now as the pre 1900's. The ocean levels have risen near a foot over the last century and scientist are proving the Atlantic east coast (Florida to Nova Scotia) may have risen 3 to 4 times more than that.

This positively leaves the possibilities of underground caves and tunnels that were once dry, now underwater, but no longer easily found & entered.

As for the "Swamp", it most definitely did not exist.

I think the "Game" has changed!
It is time for Naysayers to "Prove" there is no treasure, or ever was. I see no proven evidence this is a hoax.

Those of you crying hoax, post after post, put up or shut up. Investigate your hoax, show us proof, after all it should be easier than finding the treasure...

I see more proof , or circumstantial Evidence of a past treasure than anything Naysayers put forward as a hoax.

You Bud Aurum

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see more proof , or circumstantial Evidence of a past treasure than anything Naysayers put forward as a hoax.

Such as?

As for proof of a hoax, I respectfully submit 200+ years of searching with absolutely no evidence of any treasure ever being anywhere near Oak Island. If that is not enough, what evidence would be needed to prove to you that this Oak Island nonsense is a hoax?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes local lore grows into a "hoax" due to continuous fabrications by others, be it by belief or for profit.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such as?

As for proof of a hoax, I respectfully submit 200+ years of searching with absolutely no evidence of any treasure ever being anywhere near Oak Island. If that is not enough, what evidence would be needed to prove to you that this Oak Island nonsense is a hoax?

What if Samuel Ball did find it or him and the original 3 as their families and others think. If so this was all true and over just after it started... I can't prove it did happen, but no one can prove it didn't

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such as?

Hey Raparee
Hoax: a falsehood deliberately fabricated to masquerade as the truth.

Even if all the past and present OAK Island Treasure Hunters hunted for treasures they thought might exist, does not make it a hoax.

Even if no treasure ever existed on Oak island and it can be proven, that still does not make it a hoax.

Your Bud Aurum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread