Season 5

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these alleged box drains existed and were substantial structures like the graphics they show throughout the series suggest (and not just French drains) I'd excavate from the mouth and follow them as much as possible. Presuming they exist, they would most likely dive down in elevation, so at some point you couldn't go further due to depth. That being said, if when you excavate it as far as possible and if it runs straight, it should lead you straight to the shaft. Since the island has been torn apart, I think that may be one of the most likely ways to find the original shaft. It also would be a way to at least stop that flood tunnel system. I used to be an archaeologist, so that would be my plan of attack. Dropping shafts just seems like a hail Mary to me. Also, I don't remember which brother, but he thinks there may be documents down there. If that is so, they are going to be flooded out just drilling down.

Appendix --Claims of a flood tunnel under Oak Island

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Daughter...Father...Bonding Moment!

"Rebecca | The Curse of Oak Island: A few years back, my dad and I found this show while surfing through channels on the television. We came across a show telling a tale of lost treasure, unfortunate loss, and the search for information. Ever since, we have watched every episode together as more and more evidence, odd pieces, theories and stories arised. The time over break allowed us to catch up on the happenings of Oak Island, yet questions still remain about the hidden treasures and how they appeared on the island. I’m excited to see where the search will lead in the rest of the season and the seasons to come."

The Curse of Oak Island...Season 5.jpg

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time maye they should try fishing together. ;-)

It is a bit like fishing. They spin us a line, we get hooked and reeled in. The owners restock the pool ... and Holy Shmoly - it's a whopper!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse of Oak Island Season 6 Looks Likely: What Can We Expect?

the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6-640x434.jpg

There are two main reasons why The Curse of Oak Island season 6 is going to happen, and that’s ratings and money. The higher the ratings, the more money, the more money, the more likely it is that they’ll continue. There are other reasons of course such as the finds that happened in season 5 and the fact that the show has been getting a lot of attention from people that want to see just what the crew is finding. After all items such as a lead cross and gemstone brooch being found on an island like this don’t seem like they’d be just happenstance. Something else has to be there, especially in the Money Pit area, and the guys are bound and determined to find it.
So far the idea of season 6 isn’t set in stone but it’s almost for certain going to happen since people really want to see what’s being discovered. Also, since the show is bringing in so much money to the local area it’s being granted that much more leeway since it’s a big attraction to those that love to watch the show. Also with the talk of building a cofferdam around Smith’s Cove to further their investigations the team would be needed months at least to build the cofferdam and then go exploring. This would no doubt keep the interest of the viewers, especially if they went into the explanation of just why they were using the cofferdam and how it would help them to search for anything else of value. This show is one big gamble as people have already figured out since despite having already found a few things there is nothing guaranteed about this kind of life and the tossing of money at something that’s not sure is always a big risk.
But it’s also something that’s all guts or no glory and these guys are in it to prove that there’s something there. Some people might call them compulsive and obsessed and a couple of the guys might not even argue the point. Not everyone would be able to understand just why it is that they do what they do or how they can keep going on stories alone when it doesn’t seem like they’re getting anywhere. But the promise of finding something, anything, to corroborate those stories seems to be something that each man is willing to go to great lengths for. Again you might not understand it but you can surely feel the compulsion that drives them. If season 6 is to happen and there’s nothing saying that it won’t it will feature more footage of the Money Pit and Smith’s Cove for certain as they continue to try and plumb the depths to find whatever might be waiting.
Of course another reason why the show will likely be back is that there are still many other places on Oak Island to search. The guys could decide to start using other sites to see if they have any more luck. Who knows, the treasure they’re seeking could have been seeded all over the island just to throw people off.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1571270

There are two main reasons why The Curse of Oak Island season 6 is going to happen, and that’s ratings and money.

Yes, money $$$$! They want more.
They have pretty much exhausted what they can find and so at the Cove, Money Pit, 10x and swamp. They could waste a whole season searching Noland's property but that would be a waste of my time to watch. They did find that dump area and it had lots of goodies! Yea right. :laughing7:

I will pop by here to jump in the discussions as I like doing that but will paint walls in my house on Tuesdays when OI is on and watch the paint dry with a nice Rum drink in my hand. That sounds WAY more fun.

I can't even watch the dumb commercials for Confederate gold.... those bozos are too much.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are You Ready?...Season 6...Is Coming!

[h=1]The Curse of Oak Island Season 6 confirmed! New details of tests on medieval cross revealed[/h]2nd May 2018 Julian Cheatle
the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6.jpg
Marty and Rick Lagina from The Curse of Oak Island, which is set to return for Season 6[FONT=&quot]The Curse of Oak Island looks set to definitely return for Season 6 later this year — after executive producer Kevin Burns confirmed new details about the series![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burns, president of the show’s production company Prometheus Entertainment, revealed information about the show during a conversation about the new season of Ancient Aliens, which he also produces.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking to Monsters and Critics, he revealed:[/FONT]

• [*=1]New details about the medieval cross found last season
    [*=1]How The Curse of Oak Island came about in the first place
    [*=1]That Marty Lagina will be featuring on an episode of the new season of Ancient Aliens, and
    [*=1]Ancient Aliens star Giorgio Tsoukalos could appear on The Curse of Oak Island in the future
[FONT=&quot]When asked if the medieval cross found last season would be explored more in Season 6 of The Curse of Oak Island, Burns replied: “Oh, absolutely.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He also revealed that testing was still taking place on the artifact, but that all the evidence the team have been able to compile thus far points to it being AT LEAST 600 years old, if not older.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Describing the cross as “extraordinary”, he said: “I think the cross that we found, which was extraordinary and we’re still doing testing on it — we can’t seem to find any evidence of a cross of that shape or construction that is any more recent than the 1300s or earlier.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“In other words, some have dated it to as old as 900 AD, some have said 1300 AD, and if it is in that neighborhood, it could very well have been left behind by a Templar and that might be some kind of evidence that they did come to North America years before Columbus. And, if they did, what did they bring and why?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His comments came after he was asked whether he thought there were any overlaps between Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island, with him revealing that the treasure-hunting show actually come about because ofAncient Aliens.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the early days Ancient Aliens would air over two-hour episodes, and Burns said: “The idea to do [The Curse of] Oak Island came out of those first two-hour episodes of Ancient Aliens because we were following up on a theory that the Ark of the Covenant may be the secret object that’s buried in the bottom of the Money Pit and that it would’ve been placed there by the Knights Templar, having rescued it from Jerusalem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“That is still a very potent theory and if one connects the Ark of the Covenant to what is alleged to be effectively an extraterrestrial device; a machine, a weapon, that was used by the Israelites quite extensively before it became missing, then, yeah. If we were able to find anything that dates back that far on the island, that would be a big breakthrough.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burns also discussed Marty and Rick Lagina, the two brothers at the center of the Oak Island treasure hunt, describing Marty as an “open-minded skeptic” and Rick as a “believer”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He also revealed how Marty had recently approached the Ancient Aliens team after taking a trip to the island of Sardinia in Italy, where he noticed unusual phenomena. Burns said that as a result the show’s lead expert Giorgio Tsoukalos, who also took part in our interview, is now set to travel to Sardinia to film an episode of the show with Marty there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burns said: “Marty Lagina came to us and said, ‘Has anybody been to Sardinia, because my wife and I have been to Sardinia,’ and he doesn’t necessarily believe in ancient aliens, but he said, ‘There’s a lot of weird stuff there that I can’t figure out and I’d love to know what Giorgio’s take is on it.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Giorgio is about to go meet with Marty and we’re gonna do an episode in Sardinia exploring the ancient carvings and megalithic sites there.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burns also told how he would never say never to a guest-appearance by Giorgio on The Curse of Oak Island either, or to another crossover between the shows in the future.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said: “Maybe you’ll see Giorgio coming up to Oak Island. When I was a kid, I used to love it when the Beverly Hillbillies met with the Green Acres people at Petticoat Junction. So, do I think that we could do Civil War Gold meets Ancient Aliens meets The Curse of Oak Island? Yes.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archy is coming to the vault this Spring.....

Might not be much more than Season 6 in store for them after we get confirmation....

Working on turning the whole thing into a UNESCO World Heritage Site afterwards

That includes the carvings and most of the evidence surrounding the island....and the coasts of Nova Scotia that are littered with the evidence of these maps

YarmouthIntervale.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the lead cross is that old, and is an example of the art and skill and wealth possessed by the "treasure placers" . . . then the cost of reclaiming may not justify the returns.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So.. Marty "the open-minded skeptic" Lagina visited Europe, had questions about some ancient megaliths, and thinks Giorgio "Wannabe Von-Daniken " has the answers ??? HAHaHaha

That the show producer said this leaves no doubts as to what audience History Channel is selling this ~schmegegge~ to, does it ?

Last edited:

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archy is coming to the vault this Spring.....

Might not be much more than Season 6 in store for them after we get confirmation....

Working on turning the whole thing into a UNESCO World Heritage Site afterwards

That includes the carvings and most of the evidence surrounding the island....and the coasts of Nova Scotia that are littered with the evidence of these maps

View attachment 1585724

That stone carving is not from oak island. I doubt that its old also.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So.. Marty "the open-minded skeptic" Lagina visited Europe, had questions about some ancient megaliths, and thinks Giorgio "Wannabe Von-Daniken " has the answers ??? HAHaHaha

That the show producer said this leaves no doubts as to what audience History Channel is selling this ~schmegegge~ to, does it ?

My wife forbids me to watch "Ancient Aliens" because I get too upset.

Good 'ol Giorgio went to school in the town my family has some roots in - Ithaca, NY - but he took "Sports Communication". So obviously that qualifies him as a exobiologist, astrophysicist and archeologist. Putz.

9148130.jpg

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sort of related but not really, I have a friend who is an astrobiologist. It is what it sounds like. She does a lot of work for JPL and NASA.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
And The Emmy Goes To...The Curse Of Oak Island?

[h=1] Emmy.jpg
Emmys 2018 exclusive: History Channel category...The Curse Of Oak Island![/h]
In a Gold Derby exclusive, we have learned the category placements of the key Emmy Awards contenders for History Channel. The cable network has two drama series with “Knightfall” and “Vikings” plus several programs in the reality and documentary fields among their 2018 contenders.

“THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND”
Unstructured Reality Program

PREDICT the Emmy nominees and winners now; change them until July 12
Be sure to make your Emmy predictions today so that Hollywood insiders can see how their TV shows and performers are faring in our odds. You can keep changing your predictions as often as you like until just before nominees are announced on July 12.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Curse of Oak Island Season 6 confirmed! New details of tests on medieval cross revealed

2nd May 2018 Julian Cheatle

His comments came after he was asked whether he thought there were any overlaps between Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island, with him revealing that the treasure-hunting show actually come about because ofAncient Aliens.
In the early days Ancient Aliens would air over two-hour episodes, and Burns said: “The idea to do [The Curse of] Oak Island came out of those first two-hour episodes of Ancient Aliens because we were following up on a theory that the Ark of the Covenant may be the secret object that’s buried in the bottom of the Money Pit and that it would’ve been placed there by the Knights Templar, having rescued it from Jerusalem.
“That is still a very potent theory and if one connects the Ark of the Covenant to what is alleged to be effectively an extraterrestrial device; a machine, a weapon, that was used by the Israelites quite extensively before it became missing, then, yeah. If we were able to find anything that dates back that far on the island, that would be a big breakthrough.”

It's funny how the "Israelites" that made this show hesitated to tell everyone in their History Channel "Episode" that Hitler's men were able to round up so many artifacts, including the one's that they labeled being from the Templars mission there

There was eventually a record released about these tales and when they tapped the vault under Montsegur.....in France, it became clear that there were a lot of troves there.

Otto Rahn couldn't find them, and Otto Skorzeny was sent into the area to finish the hunt.

Its obvious that anyone that tells the story of the Hunt for Templar Treasures is not very well educated if they overlook the Nazis....

Almost everyone in the US has seen Raiders of the Lost Ark.......another fabled fabrication around events that took place, but under different circumstances and in different locations

@ szorzeny.greyfalcon.us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions