OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if their permits will allow it but they need to be able to drain the swamp areas and then skim off 3'-5' of sludge and growth and then start doing their metal detecting and sonar type stuff... They can't effectively seach with how they were doing it last night. Too many areas will be missed and if anything is there of value it won't be sitting on top of years of growth...
I am pretty sure that Fred will have found anything there was to find in his bit of the swamp.... I would wager he owned a metal detector too...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do show costly and hard it can be to search for stuff 150+ foot down.....

E

enochsea7

The delay on getting a professional opinion about the cross is getting ridiculous. I can sort of see how you could use a find like that to weed out unreliable sources of information before getting the opinion of a true professional... But what has it been now? Three episodes since they found this thing? The woman blabbering on about the Templars praying to some moon goddess is obviously unqualified. No one wants to hear that garbage, we should have gotten the professional opinion the episode after the find at the latest. These guys appeared to be pretty genuine up until some of the later episodes. But now it seems they're getting too caught up in the whole showbiz aspect. Perhaps they were starting to get unsure about whether they would actually find anything after spending tens of millions of dollars and wanted to cover their losses with the TV show, who knows.

I'll go ahead and share this with you guys. I happen to know that the team (among themselves or with someone outside the inner circle, im not sure) had been fighting about something a few months ago. This was last summer or a little after if my memory is correct. From what I was able to gather, there was some dispute between landowners going on and it seemed to involve sharing of something that had actually been recovered. There had been some back stabbing that seemed to have taken place. Knowing how treasure can easily cause such infighting I feel its safe to assume they probably did recover something by the end of the season. I don't know for sure if that's what actually took place. But the team has seemed pretty tight up until now. It just seems strange that there would be a dispute about sharing if they hadn't actually recovered anything yet. My knowledge of that is the only thing that will keep me watching from here on.

Disclaimer: Once again, all I know is that there was a major dispute that took place about sharing. Whether that means there was actually something recovered or not, I do not know.

Last edited:

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Kathleen McGowan? The woman who, I'm not kidding, claims to be a descendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene. If she were any closer to the fringe she'd be off the edge . . . instead of just off her rocker.

I was Scott Wolters show, the next to last one, exchange emails with him once in a while. He said he doesn't watch Oak island, he thinks it's too far out, seriously

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did not start a new hole yet. They are going to do the camera first.

ok, thanks...got confused by this earlier post......"On another note: losing that many teeth on their caisson and being that worn down in 75 feet indicates a couple of bad scenarios . 1. They didn't change the teeth before they started the new hole. the teeth were very worn down when they started . 2 No one checked the teeth brackets for tightness (their bolts backed out) , the teeth worked themselves loose and fell out."

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you're drilling a hole and your caisson bogs down and looses teeth, it might be an indication that that's not the place to look. Not an cement expert but how hard can 400? year old cement be? and that probably isn't very thick to begin with ? like more then a foot thick, as they were figuring the Chapel vault to be according to the diagrams they were showing.

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The delay on getting a professional opinion about the cross is getting ridiculous. I can sort of see how you could use a find like that to weed out unreliable sources of information before getting the opinion of a true professional... But what has it been now? Three episodes since they found this thing? The woman blabbering on about the Templars praying to some moon goddess is obviously unqualified. No one wants to hear that garbage, we should have gotten the professional opinion the episode after the find at the latest. These guys appeared to be pretty genuine up until some of the later episodes. But now it seems they're getting too caught up in the whole showbiz aspect. Perhaps they were starting to get unsure about whether they would actually find anything after spending tens of millions of dollars and wanted to cover their losses with the TV show, who knows.

I'll go ahead and share this with you guys. I happen to know that the team (among themselves or with someone outside the inner circle, im not sure) had been fighting about something a few months ago. This was last summer or a little after if my memory is correct. From what I was able to gather, there was some dispute between landowners going on and it seemed to involve sharing of something that had actually been recovered. There had been some back stabbing that seemed to have taken place. Knowing how treasure can easily cause such infighting I feel its safe to assume they probably did recover something by the end of the season. I don't know for sure if that's what actually took place. But the team has seemed pretty tight up until now. It just seems strange that there would be a dispute about sharing if they hadn't actually recovered anything yet. My knowledge of that is the only thing that will keep me watching from here on.

Disclaimer: Once again, all I know is that there was a major dispute that took place about sharing. Whether that means there was actually something recovered or not, I do not know.

that's interesting,lets hope they found something of substance. I get the feeling they aren't spending their own money but contributions from interested parties ? i also get the feeling that money isn't a overwhelming issue in limiting them in what they want to do.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you're drilling a hole and your caisson bogs down and looses teeth, it might be an indication that that's not the place to look. Not an cement expert but how hard can 400? year old cement be? and that probably isn't very thick to begin with ? like more then a foot thick, as they were figuring the Chapel vault to be according to the diagrams they were showing.
first-concrete-street.jpg Concrete continues to harden and shrink forever until all the moisture is out of it , then it becomes friable. If its in a damp environment it gains strength for a longer period of time

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1548226 Concrete continues to harden and shrink forever until all the moisture is out of it , then it becomes friable. If its in a damp environment it gains strength for a longer period of time

ok, surely they can analyze fragments of this obstruction to see if its man made cement. They've pounded it, ground it with the teeth,and I assume captured it in the bucket so there should be some small amount of it on the surface now to collect and analyze

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Im a big fan of the show but my tolerance for the fluff has worn thin. They need to really focus on digging and cleaning out the island. A 50x100 pit can tell what happened and would be way cheaper. If they are having problems moving that much earth, just call Parker Schnabel, they will have it done in a day. As for the metal detecting expert(cringe), well im sure you can get 100 volunteers from this forum alone(I will be first in line).

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You said "landowners" which I'd think means the Blankenships and Fred Nolan's son? They haven't talked much about other land owners but would have thought they'd already have an agreement in place as far as IF anything is found, with whoever the land owner is...They would have to have permission to be on their property anyway... Granted the brother's money team is paying for the search which is why I'd think there would have been a paper agreement made with each land owner beforehand to some what protect their investment..

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a big fan of the show but my tolerance for the fluff has worn thin. They need to really focus on digging and cleaning out the island. A 50x100 pit can tell what happened and would be way cheaper. If they are having problems moving that much earth, just call Parker Schnabel, they will have it done in a day. As for the metal detecting expert(cringe), well im sure you can get 100 volunteers from this forum alone(I will be first in line).

yeah, that's what I suggested, they are pretty close to the ocean though, don't know if they would have more water to deal with then what they could handle.If they could spot and seal up some of these vents whether man made or otherwise as they excuvate a pit might be the question ?!

E

enochsea7

You said "landowners" which I'd think means the Blankenships and Fred Nolan's son? They haven't talked much about other land owners but would have thought they'd already have an agreement in place as far as IF anything is found, with whoever the land owner is...They would have to have permission to be on their property anyway... Granted the brother's money team is paying for the search which is why I'd think there would have been a paper agreement made with each land owner beforehand to some what protect their investment..

Yea you would think the contract agreement including share distributions to all party members would have been finalized long ago. But then I remember one episode when I was a bit taken aback by a comment Dan Blankenship made when Fred Nolan entered the picture. Dan appeared to be somewhat perturbed when Fred Nolan had pushed for a finalized contract before agreeing to move forward even one step with them. Which by the way is ALWAYS the best course of action when dealing with treasure contracts. But Dan Blankenship seemed to think Fred was being unreasonable to even mention a contract so early in the game. Just from what I've experienced personally, that was a major red flag. Anyway who would complain about someone pushing for a signed contract should be considered suspect.

This led me to believe that its possible the names of the top players are definitely inked on a contract of some kind, but perhaps the mid to lower level players were just offered verbal promises and got screwed over in the end. Who knows

The person I was in contact with is a member of the inner circle who had been contacted on Facebook by a Filipino member of my group at the time. We were looking for someone with access to ground penetrating radar and this member thought it was a good idea to contact someone from the Oak Island show (lol). Surprisingly, the person from Oak Island expressed interest in joining us after the show concluded. We had a very promising operation going. Lots of indications we were on to something big. But that Filipino ended up stabbing me in the back and attempting to cut me out, so I warned the Oak Island crew member against ever working with that individual. This seemed to build a kind of rapport between us which led to him sharing the fact that he had been recently experiencing the same sort of situation on Oak Island. "Treasure makes people go crazy" or something along those lines. I'm telling you guys, it really seemed like something had been recovered and now everyone was fighting over it. But again I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
E

enochsea7

View attachment 1548226 Concrete continues to harden and shrink forever until all the moisture is out of it , then it becomes friable. If its in a damp environment it gains strength for a longer period of time

Wow, I didn't know that about concrete... It makes one pause and wonder wtf could have torn all those teeth off the casing all at once. Those guys said they never have any problems penetrating pure bed rock and now this? Maybe it is the vault. Can you imagine how big it would be if they actually found it? It would be one of the top most significant finds in human history.

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you're drilling a hole and your caisson bogs down and looses teeth, it might be an indication that that's not the place to look. Not an cement expert but how hard can 400? year old cement be? and that probably isn't very thick to begin with ?

There could be new cement also: the report of Robert Restall in the Chronology of Oak island: June 1961 "Work on this hole continues for a month, trying to force concrete down to bottom to block water from the ocean. The attempts are unsuccessful, as the unset concrete blows out to sea" Although this was presumably near the beach, what if some of it went inward also?

For interesting objects, there's the tale of the deeply buried "Iron plate". What if the caisson hit another "iron plate"?:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The delay on getting a professional opinion about the cross is getting ridiculous.

Perhaps they are still fishing for a favorable and marketable professional opinion instead of some boringly accurate one.

Dr. Gum B. Looney stated the cross may have been made by alien Templar dinosaurs from Phonecia in 6,000 BC for a wedding gift to Hercules

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There could be new cement also: the report of Robert Restall in the Chronology of Oak island: June 1961 "Work on this hole continues for a month, trying to force concrete down to bottom to block water from the ocean. The attempts are unsuccessful, as the unset concrete blows out to sea" Although this was presumably near the beach, what if some of it went inward also?

For interesting objects, there's the tale of the deeply buried "Iron plate". What if the caisson hit another "iron plate"?:

that's a possibilty, something that would create a huge glob of concrete, it's more then the foot or so thickness from a vault because that would have been blown away when the chisel pounded it. Once again, I hope someone is taking samples from these teeth for analyst

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread