Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I constantly wonder about is why with all of these bore holes they've made all over the island, when they hit the layers of old wood, why don't they stop the boring at that depth, seal the shaft to prevent water intrusion, and start working horizontally, following the theoretical tunnels they think they are finding?

Horizontal exploration would be much more dangerous and expensive than the protected excavations through the cans. History has shown that the surrounding dirt is unstable, and attempts to seal and explore are likely to result in sudden flooding or collapse.

auximenes

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horizontal exploration would be much more dangerous and expensive than the protected excavations through the cans. History has shown that the surrounding dirt is unstable, and attempts to seal and explore are likely to result in sudden flooding or collapse.
Understood, but if people in the 1700's can build safe horizontal tunnels with wood then certainly it can be done today. The cost to do all of the vertical operations has got to be much more than the cost of a few horizontal operations. With electric pumps and metal supports it just seems to me like it's very doable.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood, but if people in the 1700's can build safe horizontal tunnels with wood then certainly it can be done today. The cost to do all of the vertical operations has got to be much more than the cost of a few horizontal operations. With electric pumps and metal supports it just seems to me like it's very doable.

The other factor is that they're always going 'straight down toward the treasure', so an exploration of historical tunnels seems to be a distracting exploration. That being said, if they continue the upland tunnel, that seems to be a promising way to explore an access tunnel.

auximenes

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like not following a potential tunnel is a missed opportunity. The tunnels went to specific historical locations, which seems like it would be more definitive to follow them and not continue to semi-randomly dig shaft after shaft.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really think that was a tunnel? Seemed more like a collapsed shaft I thought.

There was a collapsed shaft at some point, but I got the distinct impression that they were following along the tunnel shoring structure.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Gary would say, Woah, woe, woe WOOOOAH! I saw the DVR furiously recording a buch of Oak Island episodes and assumed they were re-categorized reruns. I went to delete them and noticed that one was a "Drilling Down" episode with new content: a trip to Oak Island in 2020 just before the Covid-19 shutdown! Rick, Marty and the team appear to be doing well.

The mound of dirt (big hill) at the money pit was leveled over the winter and relocated to nourish the soil at Isaac's Point (originally with the Canopy Oak trees) to prevent it from washing away completely. They may possibly plant some Oak trees there in the future.

Since the swamp was frozen, this provided a platform to take another swamp core at a deeper area of interest:
- Wood discovered at the bottom at the 'interface' layer -- presumably the beginning of the time of the swamp.
- High lead content at the bottom of the core, inconsistent with rocks in the area.
- Saltwater incursion during the 1300-1400's era.
- More analysis could be done on the core sample, but labs were closed at show time due to the virus.

Wood sample from OC1, dendrochronology dated to 1706 - close in time to the '1704' Restall stone!

More explorations in 2020:
- Swamp: a detailed archaeological exploration of area(s) of interest.
- Money pit - sonic drilling (Didn't they already do a bunch of that?) and deep metal detection. No mention of the big dig.
- Possibly drain the cave-in area and explore.
- Continue with the Uplands area.
- Doug Crowell (historian) is isolated and doing detailed research on Dan Blankenship's records.

Rick & Marty will host a new show in the fall of 2020: "Beyond Oak Island", hosted by Matty Blake in which they explore other tales of treasure.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick & Marty will host a new show in the fall of 2020: "Beyond Oak Island", hosted by Matty Blake in which they explore other tales of treasure.
That seems like a plan... I think they have milked OI for everything...

One does wonder though just how much will change with the current "zombie apocalypse" type problems the world is facing and what TV shows are likely to be made in the near future...

Thanks for the Share MikeN...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Release Date...For...The Curse Of Oak Island...Season 8!

The-Curse-of-Oak-Island-Season-8.png
Release date
While it is good news that “The Curse of Oak Island” is likely to return, the bad news is that it may take a while before it can be on broadcast again. This is due to the coronavirus pandemic that already affected the production and filming of so many TV shows and movies.
In fact, when a fan asked Karen Publicover, a resident on Oak Island if the Lagina brothers and machinery are present there, she said that they are not there because they are respecting the state of emergency on the island. Probably, the earliest date when “The Curse of Oak Island” season 8 will premiere is on 2021.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can absolutely refute that. In the absence of any other corroborating material evidence supporting the claim that KT were responsible for depositing that coir (if that’s what it is), your premise is completely unsupported.

And Joseph Smith found "Golden Tablets" from the vision of a "Golden Angel" in Upstate NY

Anything to Manifest Destiny and keep the legend of Hoax Island alive for the Goyim

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

Nope ....... definitely nothing buried underground

AS ABOVE AS IT IS BELOW

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
???

I like pickles . . . but that also is not related to anything in the thread.

banana-cat-1.png

Or is it?

TAKE A FISH FOR A BOAT RIDE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions