SeaSpy mag data wanted

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm writing software to post-process Marine Magnetics mag log files. This would be for the SeaSpy magnetometer. I need some more data files to debug the application. The application actually parses the data and plots the magnetic signals, by strength along their track lines. The application drives the signals to the map based upon fluctuation from the ambient field average strength and drops a symbol on the map indicating the positive (red) or negative (green) adjusted for symbol size depending upon the intensity of the gammas at that point.

I would like to have more data to analyze while debugging, and if you have some data that you would like to have mapped, PM me and we can make arrangements. I can plot the data and return a PDF print of the plot to you. I will not share your data without consent, however, if you would like a plot, please be certain that the data is yours to give. Thanks for all assistance!

I have attached a screen shot of a typical plot along with a shot of the data handler dialog for the software. This dataset was filtered for 30 gammas, so all pings measuring less than 30 gammas are originally portrayed as dots while all pings greater than 30 gammas are portrayed as red or green symbols. The larger the symbol, the greater the gamma strength. I can turn off the negligible symbols as well, as illustrated.

By the way, the messier the data, the better! You must have been using a GPS with your unit at the time, in order for the mapping to work. Otherwise I can't map your hits.

Attachments

• junk4.jpg
    junk4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 153
  • junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 163
  • junk3.jpg
    junk3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Terry, didn't Florida Research & Recovery Group have a SeaSpy mag as a back up to their Geometrics?

You may try contacting John Popin and see if he has any data for you. I don't have his contact info anymore. You can try Jim Stringer too but I don't think he will share anything with you.

Tom

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom:
FRRG does have a SeaSpy... Terry Tate and I hooked it up and gave it a test with SeaLink last year, but their mag boat "Laffin Place" is what they generally use for mag work and it is completely fitted up with a Geometrics 882, so the SeaSpy is not used. I do think that I will be adding the processor for the 882 to my software in the near future. But, you're right, I don't think Jim would be providing me with any proprietary data. Actually for the sake of protecting data, in a case like this, the owner of the data could open any potential test file in a programming editor and globally change the long and lat degree coordinates before turning them over to me. I would not care... that's what I did with the sample stuff I posted. Real data, but I changed the primary coordinates before I processed the file and posted the screenshots. Looks like it should be near Andros, but the data really came from elsewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread