Seated And More

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone. I finally hit a seated coin last summer. I was hunting and old park when I got a solid plus 80 at only 1.5 inches. There was a ton of hot rock around. It had to have been missed because of the ground conditions by past hunters. I would have found 2 last summer. But I hunt with my younger brother who uses a mxt. I took him to a good spot and he found a 1891 seated dime. But what was I going to do with 2 of the same year. To see the look on a 14 yr old kid dig a seated coin that will last forever. It was his first one to.

Good luck to all HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Seated And More.jpg
    Seated And More.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
It took me 5 years to find one. You'll find one. Just when you stop thinking about one you'll have one. Seems to work like that.

Good luck with your search for one. I'm still looking for a seated quarter or half. But there rare.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mark.

HH Jer

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Nice seated. My first came from Illinois quite unexpectedly. I had a signal about 1" down. Expected a new penny, found 1853 half dime with amazing detail. I found one more seated dime since then, but it doesn't have the detail your's does. Would like to find some more, for sure.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yeah me to. They seem to be far few and inbetween. But there out there. I guess I got to get to some older sites to have a better chance of finding them. Still looking for a seated quarter half or even a dollar. We all can dream right. Maybe this year. Those coins are always on my I hope to find one list. Good Luck Jeremy.

R

rvbvetter

JerDfx; Amazing finds!!!! Would you come and run my Dfx? I went a little over the top, and bought a Minelab EX 2 and Whites Dfx. And now the learning curve, oddly enough, resembles Mount Shasta. I hear multi tones in my sleep. HH

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Don't you just love any coin not currently minted. it nice to give your time and pass on the hobby.

Future luck,

Ed

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Sure send that dfx over here. I'll have that thing sent back to you on fire. I use my own custom programs and settings on the dfx. Both machines take along time to learn. Check out this site www.dfxonly.com. You'll learn what you need to know there. That's if you need some help with the dfx. Can't help you with the explorer. I know it's a good machine but never used one either than picking it up and sweeping one. I know at 8.5 pounds compared to 4.5 with the dfx it can catch up to you if you like to hunt long. I have posted alot of stuff on that website including tips and a program. If you already know about the site then keep looking over it and asking any question you have. Someone will know.

Hope this helps. HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread