Seated Libert Quarter, two bells, and... a hand grenade fuze?

Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seated Liberty Quarter, two bells, and... a hand grenade fuze?

So I got to go out today and search a park in a seedy town about 20 minutes from where I live. It looked like it was going to be a rough day, as I dug two Trojan condom wrappers, two plastic cement tubes which the junkies huff to get high, and about 20 malt liquor bottle caps. Luckily I went a bit farther into the woods and on a knoll I found a rusty jackknife, a toasted Indian Head Penny, and an 1876 Seated Liberty Quarter! Strangely enough, it's the exact same date as Scrappy's quarter that he found yesterday.

I also went out yesterday to a hay field and found a few neat bells and then stopped by a reservoir, where I found a hand grenade fuze. The powder train is all gone, which is a good thing. I checked on the numbers and it appears to be military, but no idea how it ended up there.:dontknow:

IMG_3468.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3472.JPG

Wait a minute, this isn't jewelry!
IMG_3481.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha i Remember making chain from pull tabs my brother and i would do that all the time,:icon_thumleft:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE SEAT AND BELLS AND PLUNGER , BUT THE RAREST FIND YOU HAVE IS THE CAN SLAW NECK LACE AND MAN LOOK AT THE GOLD GILT ON THEM JEWELS , NOW THEY BELONG IN A MUSEUM ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread