Seated liberty dime

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
While busting open a crack underwater I found a seated liberty dime from the 1800s, along with a .22 bullet. Unfortunately it didnā€™t have the Carson city mint, but still probably more valuable than all the gold Iā€™ve found so far haha...
Nice,you never know, that's why we keep hunting.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wilder: can you give us a little more of the search story behind this unique find?

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Iā€™m trying to figure out why it was underwater
Might be the same reason we find coins in the ground. Maybe a horse rider fell off his horse jumping over the creek and a dime fell out his pocket!

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yes but why breaking open a crack. Is this how they search? Waterproof detector in river banks?

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Well yes but why breaking open a crack. Is this how they search? Waterproof detector in river banks?
When searching for gold in creeks, it through time migrates to the bottom getting stuck in cracks, crevices places of least resistance. I think a silver dime would do the same. I as well would like the rest of the story.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your finding heavies in the crevices you are in the right spots.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find it your good luck coin keep her with you !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
W

Wilderness medic

Dec 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When searching for gold in creeks, it through time migrates to the bottom getting stuck in cracks, crevices places of least resistance. I think a silver dime would do the same. I as well would like the rest of the story.

This.

I was underwater scraping out crevices looking for gold and this came up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread