Seated, shielded, Eagles, and... Prussian?

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
Upvote 18
Awesome coinage and buttons!

Very well done sir! Congrats.

Wow! Awesome hunt! Congratz!

Nice shield nickel Brandon, a few days ago I found a '68. Also the 1850's silver helps put a nice solid date on your site. Nice work man

Steve

You do very well with the silver on your hunts...congrats on another haul

Your Silbergroschen travelled quite some miles! Minted in Berlin (A) Yours is in better shape than most. It's not that much silver in them and they deteriorate fast. Some i have are almost pure copper. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, I was wondering how much silver they actually had. Initially I thought it was a copper coin but then I noticed it had that patina like it was part silver. Kinda like how war nickels look sometimes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was wondering how much silver they actually had. Initially I thought it was a copper coin but then J noticed it had that patina like it was part solve. Kinda like how war nickels look sometimes.

Silbergroschen were introduced 30. September 1821, first series minted 1821-1856, Weight 2,192 g, silver content 222,22โ€ฐ, standard 0,487 g. :occasion14:

Great harvest from an old field. Good work, Dr. T.

Good looking stuff, love the seated! The silbergroschen is interesting. It's always cool to find old foreign coins.

Nice finds Dr. Tones. Your right about the disking. When the farmers get in there & do that, its like we can start hunting the field all over again.

Really nice finds there as always!!

-- Jeff --

Nice coin and button recoveries. The old pottery is a nice addition. Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back