Seated Silver, Chinese Cash Coin And Much More!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out last Sunday to an old school spot that I got permission for. The old school is long gone and is now a field for a bunch of horses. That was a fun hunt trying to avoid the horse apples but cover all the area. I found two Indians, two V nickels, along with two War nickels and a cool Chinese Cash coin. Couldn’t get my coil over any good high tones.

Yesterday after all the rain I went to another old school spot that I’ve hunted a couple times before and got a few nice silver coins. The property is large and I try to grid off as much area as I can. The first hour I didn’t find much of anything not even a wheat but I slowly started to find some older coins and dug a weird signal that turned out to be a double Rosie wheatie spill. That same area ended up being very productive and I dug another Rosie, a Merc, a Washington and an Indian. The last hour everything shut back off and I couldn’t get a signal for anything. I was happy with the how my hunt went and I was headed out because it was getting dark. I worked my way down the edge of the property headed towards my truck, when I got a great sounding 12-44 on the Etrac and as I was chasing the shallow signal in the plug, I knew it would be clad but was surprised to uncover a silver dime. I thought for sure it would be another Rosie and I was excited to end my day on a 6 silver hunt. The excitement grew when I saw the ONE DIME on the reverse and even more so when I turned it over to see that Seated lady looking back at me! I got back home and cleaned everything up to see I just made it with a last year Seated, an 1891 from San Fran. Sure is nice to be able to hunt this time a year and a big bonus to find some nice keepers. HH-David

uKnSVxq.jpg hzlouua.jpg Vht3Inh.jpg

SvOztSk.jpg o0AXl87.jpg 5CsCUxp.jpg

oM0BiJZ.jpg mTR48uE.jpg 04kyrtE.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 42

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing just amazing. My town was founded in 1826 I have a very hard time finding silver that is my dream hunt, Great job you deserve it..Thanks for the great post!!!!!!Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread