Secon Detectors, any info???

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
I recently bought the Secon Trex 204 model, It's a German made detector and Secon's newest Land model using old TR technology only high performance with much better stability over the old TR detectors of yesterday. Plus, Has audio discrimination running in all metal and has a (SAT) Self Adjusting Threshold to boot.

I like it, Being an old time TR user this is by far the most powerful TR I have ever owned. The only thing is it operates on 14kHz instead of 100kHz so it looses some see through iron abilities but gets very small finds comparable with today's faster processing detectors, And gets comparable depths with today's top end detectors as well.

Not a detector for those not used to using old TR technology, I would say about 95-98 percent of today's users would hate this machine and dis-guard it after a few tries.

Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• DSC00557.JPG
    DSC00557.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC00559.JPG
    DSC00559.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 456

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool looking detector. :thumbsup:

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Liftloop,

That it is a cool looking metal detector, And a detector not commonly found here in the USA.

Recently, Added on a momentary push button on the handle to activate the iron filter instead of continuously reaching down and pulling the iron filter knob, What this does it quickly checks the signal for me if I need more information determining if the signal is iron or not.

Over all, I like this German made detector.

Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• DSC00565.JPG
    DSC00565.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 434

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this one , I will to do some research on this type and brand , it Looks like a type I used in the late 70's early 80's . Bought and used while in Germany .

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a new Polish detector that should be on the market in a months time. Very good price and offers discrimination in the all metal mode, adjustable recovery speed, excellent iron rejection etc. Good price too!

This runs at 16 kHz and would be more acceptable to people who have only used modern motion designs. Unfortunately the U.S. manufacturers threw the baby out with the bathwater when motion became the fashion. Europe continued to develop and improve the older design's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread