Second day on the 300 B.C site. Coins and other.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the second day i was not really searching but i was exploring the area. Just trying to get in the middle of the bushes and under these low trees.
During this exploration i was following a path and on this path(+-50cm) i found the most of this stuff. My conclusion is that these paths are the same of 2000 years ago.
As on the first day I found 30 coins but only 12 are somehow in good shape.
The rest is a knife and some iron stuff, some lead stuff and some bronze pieces.
Third day will be coming soon!

Thanks mates for your support.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476427132.022406.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476427204.256421.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476427580.163802.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476427608.906038.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476427628.507360.jpg

This is a small Pot Mend. The first that i found in this site was bigger but i wish i can find one with the fingerprint. Crusader found one and i'm glad for him.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476429584.808361.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19
You are on a great site Vince, keep pulling the treasure. I am so glad to see you posting regularly now.

Great finds. Please keep up the very interesting posts.

MIC DROP :hello2: just amazing

Killer finds Vince.

Great finds yet again Vince, it surprises me that no Greek silver has been found yet, hopefully it's just a matter of time!

The iron blade at the top of this picture appears to be an ancient shaving razor (it's hard to tell but it seems that there is a spade-shaped blade opposite the knife edge for shaving different areas, typical of ancient razors).

Keep it up man!

Still going strong & you need to get a lot (& I mean a lot) of blank pot mends before a fingerprint shows up, but you can always get lucky.

You had a great day Vince! What soil conditions do you have there? The iron comes in good shape!

VINCE DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE , BUT INTERESTING FINDS .

You are on a great site Vince, keep pulling the treasure. I am so glad to see you posting regularly now.
Thanks man. Until these kind of areas exist i will keep posting my findings [emoji3]

Great finds yet again Vince, it surprises me that no Greek silver has been found yet, hopefully it's just a matter of time!

The iron blade at the top of this picture appears to be an ancient shaving razor (it's hard to tell but it seems that there is a spade-shaped blade opposite the knife edge for shaving different areas, typical of ancient razors).

Keep it up man!

Thanks Plumbata
I'm hoping to find some silver but it is more possible that i won't find any. This area was not inhabited by greek and it is far from greek provinces. It is possible that this area was burnt and destroyed on first or second Roman - Illyrian War. The romans destroyed 140 illyrian cities that were settled on the Adriatic cost.

Still going strong & you need to get a lot (& I mean a lot) of blank pot mends before a fingerprint shows up, but you can always get lucky.

Till now i've got only three blank pot mends [emoji3]

You had a great day Vince! What soil conditions do you have there? The iron comes in good shape!

Well, i'm not an expert on the kind of soils but i think that this one has a high percentage of calcium. That's why the coins are not in their best conditions. The calcium is present in the shape of small stones.

Well, i'm not an expert on the kind of soils but i think that this one has a high percentage of calcium. That's why the coins are not in their best conditions. The calcium is present in the shape of small stones.

That will keep bones intact..... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back