Second Dime and Nickel box, BOOYAH!!! w/pics

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nickel "box" that I received was a sealed clear plastic bag with mixed machine and hand wrapped rolls, kinda weird. Didn't find a whole lot, a handful of oldies, a couple that I think are proofs from the early 60's, and one "new penny", not sure where it's from, has QE-II on the obverse. I scored the '42 P Jeff at work yesterday.

My dime box was from Brinks and had clear plastic rolls. Not sure that I'm a huge fan of the clear plastic, seems ok, but I was constantly worried that I wasn't getting the best view of the rims......and apparently for good reason. I pulled two silver rosies, a '53 and a '64, wasn't 100% positive that either were silver til I pulled them. My two year old was busy dumping all of the coins out of the plastic wraps the entire time I searched. I wasn't confident that I had gotten everything, so I went through and rim checked again out of the wraps....Glad I did!!! I still almost missed it, looked copper to me, but it was soooo freakin thin I had to check it......Barber Baby!!!! :headbang:

Attachments

• All Finds.JPG
    All Finds.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 832
  • Dime Box.JPG
    Dime Box.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 830
  • Dime Box Reverse.JPG
    Dime Box Reverse.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
basically struck CRH gold with the barber! nice work my man

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds,especially on that Barber.

Your QE-II find is a British penny.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet score on the Barber man, still looking for that one here :-)

HH
Bigheed

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice score on the Barber Dime. May I suggest you invest in a good looking glass or coin magnifyer.
It will save you a lot of time having to cut open the plastic holders and re-wrapping. You will know when you see a silver edge while using the glass. Just a though to help you.
rileyboy

OP
OP
jjaddict

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy said:
Nice score on the Barber Dime. May I suggest you invest in a good looking glass or coin magnifyer.
It will save you a lot of time having to cut open the plastic holders and re-wrapping. You will know when you see a silver edge while using the glass. Just a though to help you.
rileyboy

That is a good idea, I might do that in the future when I bump up the volume a bit, only doing 1 box a week right now, and I get bored and end up date checking all of them anyway. No worries on having to re-wrap them I just dump them in a coin sorter at the bank.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score jjaddict, and thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find with the Barber! Ive been through over $50,000 in dimes and have yet to get one... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread