Second ever gold ring and some other goodies

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not posted on this forum before, have been a lurker and reader up until now. I've detected off and on over the past several years but got more serious this year after finding some civil war relics this spring in a local demo/construction site. So far this summer I've detected 7 indian pennies, 3 v nickels, 30 silvers (dimes thru quarters, no big silver yet. Oldest was 1899 Barber dime.), a few old foreign coins and some other civil war relics. Recently while hunting an old neighborhood for civil war items I was invited to hunt another yard and have done very well there. I found a nice 58 caliber mini-ball, 2 round balls (all drops), a 1916 merc (alas...no D mint mark no matter how hard I tried to conjur it!), a damaged 64 rosie, 2 v-nickels (1905, 1912) and a few dollars in clad. What has made me almost giddy, however, is that I dug my first ever gold ring last week in the same yard (10K @4 grams ladies wedding band) and then Monday I dug my second!! The second was a man's wedding band and the inscription and karat weight is worn off, it seems heavier than the first ring though so I'm hoping that it will be at least be 14K. The rings were less than 6 ft. apart! Both are older than the present residents have lived on the property so I have to make up my own story as to why the rings were lost there! My only other find Monday, other than a handful of memorial pennies, was another nice dropped 58 caliber 3 ringer. Makes for a good day of detecting!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 399
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 9-11finds3.jpg
    9-11finds3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 9-11finds4.jpg
    9-11finds4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 9-11finds5.jpg
    9-11finds5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 9-11finds12.jpg
    9-11finds12.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum silversweeper! :hello: You have found a nice pile of goodies! Thanks for sharing and don't make yourself a stranger!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Welcome to t-net! You've found a really good and interesting assortment this summer, topped off by the lovely gold rings. That gold men's band looks real heavy too, should bring a good price if you decide to sell. Keep us posted on what you find this fall too! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread