Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today was my second time out with the Deus, again I went to spots I have pounded the snot out of. Around an old house where I found my oldest IH cent a few years ago, I managed to pull up a wheat, two newer pennies, a 1990 quarter, and the cool iron maple leaf. The design is very old, was happy to dig it.

Then I headed over to my wife's uncle's place. On one side of him is an empty lot that used to have an old church, on the other side is an empty lot that I own, used to have a billiard hall/barber shop back around 1900. I started at my lot, which I figured nothing was left. I did dig a few odds and ends, a little buckle, copper pipe pieces etc., but no keepers. Then, walking the old sidewalk over to the other lot I hit a nice high tone. It read 97, then the other direction 97 again. Weird because the sidewalk is basically a grass path, the grass has grown over the sidewalk, which I think was asphalt. The top few inches are dirt, then it's like this old crumbly disintegrated asphalt underneath, it's hard to make out signals in it. I have walked this path countless times going from lot to lot, swinging my old detectors. I was shocked to see a 1936s silver Washington come out of that black gritty asphalt remains.

Man, I can't wait to take this machine to a spot I have never hunted before! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426811052.932293.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426811074.933644.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426811105.175395.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426811126.964350.jpg

Upvote 5

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Congrats on the silver quarter JC. Those are way better than dimes. :thumbsup:
-MM-

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome, that machine looks like its going to be great to you!

congrats!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome, that machine looks like its going to be great to you!

congrats!

Thanks cjon. I was worried that maybe I built it up too much in my mind before I got it. However, it is meeting my expectations completely.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks cjon. I was worried that maybe I built it up too much in my mind before I got it.

I believe I am going through a similar dilemma lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread