Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel a little dumb posting with no picture! But I will post one once off work. Just too pumped! Found a silver quarter a couple weeks ago in my yard. Today I got out for a quick hour before work and first hole was 2 wheaties and about a foot away was my first nickle ever (no clad ones yet even) and to my suprise it was a 1943!! My first war nickle for the collection!!

I also found a spoon later on that was about 7 inches down. Came out SHINY but I dont think its silver.... cant find a silver mark anywhere... just a brand and A1 whatever that means...
EDIT: I found out A1 is a grade of stainless steel...so not silver spoon yet

Nickel.jpg
Nickel Pile.jpg
I couldnt get a good picture of the back, but I got it with a good solid stab of my digging tool haha. Put a nice lil gouge in it =P

Side note: MAN. Doing this everyday for a couple hours is becoming a workout lol. I suppose 100 squats combined with digging cirles all day starts to wear on ya! haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel a little dumb posting with no picture! But I will post one once off work. Just too pumped! Found a silver quarter a couple weeks ago in my yard. Today I got out for a quick hour before work and first hole was 2 wheaties and about a foot away was my first nickle ever (no clad ones yet even) and to my suprise it was a 1943!! My first war nickle for the collection!!

I also found a spoon later on that was about 7 inches down. Came out SHINY but I dont think its silver.... cant find a silver mark anywhere... just a brand and A1 whatever that means...

I will post pics later tonight! I have a pile of clad forming from my yard! Up to like 15 wheats now haha :)

Side note: MAN. Doing this everyday for a couple hours is becoming a workout lol. I suppose 100 squats combined with digging cirles all day starts to wear on ya! haha

Congrats on the war nick monsta. Yes, please post the pic. I want to see the condition of it. I'm new to MDing. Got out for a few hours today and found my first coins, cents and a clad quarter. There was a time when I was younger that I wouldn't consider what I did today a workout but I must say, it was. Went home and took a power nap. Lol

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silvers, a 43 with your own personal mark on it is Cool, sort of. It happens though even when I used a brass probe as sometimes it would slide across he coin and do a number on it. I can say for a fact that there is more stuff out there with more being deposited all the time and the silver is still out there as well so go for it fellas and gals! Wait till you find your first gold! I recall it like it was yesterday but it was actually about 1978, my how the time flies!.......63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread