Second straight come-from-behind victory

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another day with the etrac, another day I wanted to bend it around a tree. I've seen that phrase in dozens of threads on numerous md'ing forums (bend it around a tree), so at least I'm not the only one who's been frustrated with it. My hunting buddy is keeping me somewhat sane with words of encouragement (thanks Anthony). Spent two hours at one site where I wasn't finding much clad. I like clad because the more I dig the more I get used to the etrac's language. So i spent an hour at site #2 and thankfully was digging some coinage (and a 1956 dog tag). Allows me to experiment with discrim patterns, settings, swing speed, target id, etc. Literally the last hole of the day produced a Rosie at around 5".

IMG_5216.JPG IMG_5217.JPG IMG_5218.JPG

Upvote 9

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait. Before you wrap that Etrac around a tree. Bring it down to try on my colonial spot. I think if anything is left to be found here then its going to be deep. Ive already cleaned all the trash out of there for you :)

OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait. Before you wrap that Etrac around a tree. Bring it down to try on my colonial spot. I think if anything is left to be found here then its going to be deep. Ive already cleaned all the trash out of there for you :)

will be there next weekend or so my wife says

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Murray, :occasion14: keep at it, you'll get comfortable with the E Trac. I am looking at adding and FBS detector to my arsenal, I just don't know how I will do with a slower detector. :dontknow: Have you had to slow your swing down for the E Trac?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool dog tag! Congratualtions!

OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Murray, :occasion14: keep at it, you'll get comfortable with the E Trac. I am looking at adding and FBS detector to my arsenal, I just don't know how I will do with a slower detector. :dontknow: Have you had to slow your swing down for the E Trac?

Good question, as I was testing out different swing speeds today. In areas where I know the keepers are deep I turn 'fast' off and swing real slow. In areas where I know there are shallow keepers I turn 'fast' on and swing the same as I did with the at pro. And the more iron the slower I go in order to try to pick out a coin from amongst the crapola. I've only been at it a week but that's what I'm doing this far.

Also, the weight difference between the at pro and the etrac is noticeable, such that my swing speed naturally is a little slower

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good question, as I was testing out different swing speeds today. In areas where I know the keepers are deep I turn 'fast' off and swing real slow. In areas where I know there are shallow keepers I turn 'fast' on and swing the same as I did with the at pro. And the more iron the slower I go in order to try to pick out a coin from amongst the crapola. I've only been at it a week but that's what I'm doing this far.

Also, the weight difference between the at pro and the etrac is noticeable, such that my swing speed naturally is a little slower

Thanks for the reply Murray, I am looking into the Explorer, Explorer 2, and the Safari. I hope to hunt with someone who owns one so I can see if the FBS is for me.
GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread