Second time hunt two cashes in the same hole

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My neighbor with his Bounty Hunter tracker IV and i went to a cellar hole 1/2 mile down the road on my 1860 map of Catlin N.Y. we got alot of cellar holes around here.
My friend is on his second hunt ever so im still coaching him his first target is a old square nail i tell him to hit the disc.button to loose the rusty nails and i hunt on buy him
He hit a 4' copper ground rod it rings out loud he leans the rod against a tree right by the cellar hole and get another hit on a flat rock of the cellar wall now partly underground i say i`d dig that he starts to dig and hits that 18"X18"x6" rock, so he picks up the 4' copper rod to move the rock starts to push and poke the rock and breaks a bottle in the ground under the rock im standing 10' away and he move the rock and finds a nickle hes old and don`t see very well and neither do i so i get the nickle and sit down and a old apple tree limb it a 1935 Bufflo Nickle now hes got another coin in his hand its a large cent 1836 hard to read,now another silver NO a 1885 Morgan Silver Dollar.as i`m sitting there in shock and drooling. he still getin good readings .
He says there is a wallet in the hole he pick it up and it jungles but the zipper is corroded shut so he cuts it open and spills out 8 more coins all foreign 1920,1927 British Half Penny's,1938 2 pfennig, 1950 1 pfennig, 1950 20 Centavos,1971 10 Kurus,1989 Canada Dollar,Bally Grand 1dollar Token Atlantic City N.J.
Agin i found nothing but loved every minute of it,in two days this guy found A wheat, a LC,a buf. nickle,a Merc,walking half,silver dollar and all the foreign coins 14 coins and 10 pieces of junk both hunts 30 minutes a picece.
He gets tired fast thank God.
Gary G.A.P..metal

Attachments

• Picture 88.jpg
    Picture 88.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Picture 89.jpg
    Picture 89.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 16

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great story Gary, I love it when others find things even if I'm not...just as long as someone is.

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BHT4 was my first MD. I loved it but knew I needed to upgrade. When it comes time for your buddy, the Teknetics G2 will be an easy transition. Well done!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oldsalty19
thanks
Coin
the look on my neighbors face was all the treasure i needed for the day,he looked like someone thumped him in the head with a ball peen hammer(priceless)
Papa Bear
hes all ready talkin about an upgrade to a G2,he likes mine but he has yet to see me dig a good target with mine
WLdbil hooked line and sinker thanks
Gary G.A.P.metal

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool story, congrats...my heart would have been pounding in my chest!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about beginners Luck!! Wow, Awesome hunt!!

Congrats to both of you!!

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's just super! Got to love a cellar hole that hasn't been hunted! Great finds for the start of the year and many more to come! with the 2.5 " snow at my place today I'm still stuck inside. Hope by next week the weather straightens up and thaws the ground! Cant wait to get to the hunts!

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story!!! I was all in mentally visualizing your finds! Can't wait to find a cache of my own, but until then I shall live vicariously through others adventures!
HH!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Your bud is a natural detectorist, after all he's got a horseshoe up his backside!
It's all about the site though, and that's yours, good luck with your own finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread