Second time hunt two cashes in the same hole

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My neighbor with his Bounty Hunter tracker IV and i went to a cellar hole 1/2 mile down the road on my 1860 map of Catlin N.Y. we got alot of cellar holes around here.
My friend is on his second hunt ever so im still coaching him his first target is a old square nail i tell him to hit the disc.button to loose the rusty nails and i hunt on buy him
He hit a 4' copper ground rod it rings out loud he leans the rod against a tree right by the cellar hole and get another hit on a flat rock of the cellar wall now partly underground i say i`d dig that he starts to dig and hits that 18"X18"x6" rock, so he picks up the 4' copper rod to move the rock starts to push and poke the rock and breaks a bottle in the ground under the rock im standing 10' away and he move the rock and finds a nickle hes old and don`t see very well and neither do i so i get the nickle and sit down and a old apple tree limb it a 1935 Bufflo Nickle now hes got another coin in his hand its a large cent 1836 hard to read,now another silver NO a 1885 Morgan Silver Dollar.as i`m sitting there in shock and drooling. he still getin good readings .
He says there is a wallet in the hole he pick it up and it jungles but the zipper is corroded shut so he cuts it open and spills out 8 more coins all foreign 1920,1927 British Half Penny's,1938 2 pfennig, 1950 1 pfennig, 1950 20 Centavos,1971 10 Kurus,1989 Canada Dollar,Bally Grand 1dollar Token Atlantic City N.J.
Agin i found nothing but loved every minute of it,in two days this guy found A wheat, a LC,a buf. nickle,a Merc,walking half,silver dollar and all the foreign coins 14 coins and 10 pieces of junk both hunts 30 minutes a picece.
He gets tired fast thank God.
Gary G.A.P..metal

Attachments

• Picture 88.jpg
    Picture 88.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture 89.jpg
    Picture 89.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 16

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, that Morgan is awesome as well as the rest of the coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the story! Having someone to detect with creates interesting stories and fun experiences!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions