Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening T-Net Nation. I was able to get out earlier today for a a relatively quick hunt ( 2.5 hours) in a local set of woods. My goal was to detect the edges of spots that I have passed over before. I got lucky and hit a very nice ( but faint) high tone. After digging down about 8 inches out popped this lovely silver coin!

011.jpg

This turned out to be only my second Barber half in 10+ years of detecting.
013.jpg
014.jpg

Other finds for the day included a religious medallion, two 90 mm shell casings ( WW2 gun site nearby), a few wheaties, and an assortment of other finds.

012.jpg

A great day of hunting all around. Thanks for taking a look. Happy Hunting to Everyone!
Scott

Upvote 49

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening T-Net Nation. I was able to get out earlier today for a a relatively quick hunt ( 2.5 hours) in a local set of woods. My goal was to detect the edges of spots that I have passed over before. I got lucky and hit a very nice ( but faint) high tone. After digging down about 8 inches out popped this lovely silver coin!

View attachment 2149220

View attachment 2149221 View attachment 2149222

Other finds for the day included a religious medallion, two 90 mm shell casings ( WW2 gun site nearby), a few wheaties, and an assortment of other finds.

View attachment 2149223

A great day of hunting all around. Thanks for taking a look. Happy Hunting to Everyone!
Scott
oh my, she's a beauty for sure. wtg!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find fellow Mass hunter! What an incredible state we get to hunt! Gotta tell ya, as my avatar shows, I'm big into religious artifcats and figuring that some mom or grandmom safety-pinned it on a child to ensure it didn't get lost- gives me shivers thinking about it.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That half is spectacular. Great find. Was your prior Barber half that nice too? Like JeffinMass, I too have a fondness for religious medals. I can’t see your medal that well. Can you tell if the prayer on front is in English or French (I assume there is a prayer on front)? Very nice finds… congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2149220

View attachment 2149221 View attachment 2149222

View attachment 2149223

Scott
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That half is spectacular. Great find. Was your prior Barber half that nice too? Like JeffinMass, I too have a fondness for religious medals. I can’t see your medal that well. Can you tell if the prayer on front is in English or French (I assume there is a prayer on front)? Very nice finds… congrats!
Thanks lenmac65 for your nice comments! To answer your question, the writing on the medallion is in French. Sorry for the dark pic. I enjoy finding religious pieces too!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks lenmac65 for your nice comments! To answer your question, the writing on the medallion is in French. Sorry for the dark pic. I enjoy finding religious pieces too!
Thanks for the follow up reply. The Miraculous Medals with the French writing are a little bit more special in my opinion. I try to imagine them as being lost by a faithful French-Canadian immigrant of the mid to late 19th century. I have had the good fortune of finding a couple of those medals in French. Congrats!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread