Second time out

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few hours in a creek in Central IN. and more than doubled my take the first time out. Now I have enough flour gold to maybe cover half the head of a pencil eraser. Everything found was just digging classifying down to 1/4" and panning it out right there. This creek is wide and right now water table is low due to time of year and no snow melt. Had the best luck rolling over the biggest rocks I could roll and digging out under them the best I could. Can't get close to bed rock in this area but I know it's there. Had a difficult time knocking on doors to try to get access permission to different areas of the creek. Nobody would even answer the door. DNR say it's a non-navagable stream so the state does not own the bottom but they maintain a pull off and parking near a bridge which is marked with a Friends of the DNR sign. There is exposed bedrock further upstream that is just asking for someone to clean out the cracks and crevices. Any advice on how you guys go about looking up property owners other than door knockin.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Land ownership is a public record so your county will have that info for you. Try the web or visit the county clerk/recorder office to learn how to look up the area of interest.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.... actually working in that dierection as I have contact info to the County planner for the area I am prospecting in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread