Second time with Excal ll

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Went to Lido beach in Florida today for about 6 hours. Didn't find much in the water except some trash and fish hooks. The Excal was working fine! Hunting the beach was also not very productive. Found some clad and many bottle caps. I'm getting used to putting my scoop near the loop to get rid of the low hum. All in all a great day since it was about 86, clear sky and no rain. I have to get a longer plastic screw for the loop so I can install the loop support. I also have to find out more about putting the unit on my waist since my arm is getting tired from swinging. All suggestions are welcome!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home depot or Ace will have the bolt that you need.

You might check with some of the dealers here for the hipmount. Some people make their own. I'm working on one now but haven't decided yet whether to use 3/4" cpvc or aluminum pipe. Any pipe with an OD of 7/8 in. will work.

A simple chest-mount could be made with some 3/4" cpvc pipe (O.D. is 7/8"), two 90% ells, two 3/4" cpvc caps, 2-D rings, three nylon bolts with wing-nuts and a camera strap.

Throw it around your neck or over your shoulder and you're ready to go.

HH, Bottlebum

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using extended shaft and the harness and bungee? I will be 62 on my next birthday and I can swing my Excal with WOT coil from dawn to dusk using the straight shaft, harness and bungee...

lejermonModel-Sharness-2.jpg

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Treasure Hunter, I have the over and under shaft that Wanda from kellyco recommended. I didn't know about the extended shaft and bungee. Can you tell me where to get the setup you are showing in your photo? Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Thanks Treasurehunter for the info on the harness. I'll try it out very soon since my forearm is getting tired too quickly.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first neck mount was made from a 12" piece of handle from a snow scraper with holes drilled for attaching the battery ears and control tube. An old camera strap with clips completed the thing. Later I sawed off a section of a busted alum lawn chair and drilled the holes for ears and two holes at the top for the camera strap clips. Three nylon bolts and wingnuts completed the thing. Run the coil cable down one side of the shaft having it secured with elec. tape every couple inches up to handle and from there it hangs loose up to controls. I tuck the cable into my belt so it doesn't move around. The bungee cord harness Treasure Hunter uses will support the weight of the coil and shaft for effortless hunting which we need as we age. :coffee2:

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info Sandman, I have some neck issues,so I have to be careful about what I hang on my neck. I'm going to try the chest bungee. The other problem I have is trying to keep my new excal 2 coil from moving . I cant seem to tighten the wing nut enough to stop the movement. the coil support I bought doesn't fit right without a longer nylon wing nut which is not to be found. I checked all kinds of places. Cant wait to get back to Florida next week.
Been in new Jersey for a few too many. Steve

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
general said:
Went to Lido beach in Florida today for about 6 hours. Didn't find much in the water except some trash and fish hooks. The Excal was working fine! Hunting the beach was also not very productive. Found some clad and many bottle caps. I'm getting used to putting my scoop near the loop to get rid of the low hum. All in all a great day since it was about 86, clear sky and no rain. I have to get a longer plastic screw for the loop so I can install the loop support. I also have to find out more about putting the unit on my waist since my arm is getting tired from swinging. All suggestions are welcome!
Make your own support and the more U hunt the stronger U will get

Attachments

• coil support.jpg
    coil support.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 333
OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Erikk, looks like a support I might be able to make. What did you use for the plastic support?

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erick............nice / great plan for that coil support - thanks

general, some info. for u to consider -f y i only
rdiharness5.jpg

mine snaps in place with nylon strapping links
maxatnight.jpg

EXCALSTRAP1.jpg

some belt mount............on back and use saftey string to pull against and not coil wire itself.
EXCALONBACK-1.jpg

COMBOWIRES-1.jpg

if u look at this video, u can see one belt mounted on harness and one with the long behind the elbo extension rig that is made by several..........look on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread