"SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!!"

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
"SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!!"

Monday
July 09, 2007

"SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!" but the secrets out!!! I should have learned a lesson from PiggMan and "not" posted my hunting site until "after" I finished working it. :(

I got up early this morning but knowing the Trinidad Rodeo and Fair Grounds normally doesn't open until 7:am I took my time getting there. I still arrived at about 6:30am and lucky for me the gates were already open. Driving up to the arena, I knew something was amiss almost immediately. Someone had been at my site metal detecting using scoops and shovels! And, I actually believe it was two people, probably a man and a woman by the size of their shoes. The ground is mostly fine sand and was harrowed Friday. So, it was quite easy to see they did their best to steal my loot! :) They could have at least given me a call; we could have worked together although yesterday I stayed home, trying to catch up on a chore or two. Anyway, they did leave me the middle section. Myself, and Little Miss SE worked it hard shattering my nickel record set last Saturday by a mile. I called it quits at noon; worn out from gathering nickels.

Incidently, the maintenance crew told me they've never seen anyone in the arena with a metal detector. However, they are off on the weekends.

Mostly out of curiosity, I'd like to know how much the outlaws managed to get if they care to share. I harbor no hard feelings; certainly there's plenty of room for all! The good Lord above knows, I'll get you back one day for sure! Just so you'll know, whoever your are I found your 100 foot tape and it's got "MINE" written all over it! :)

COIN COUNT:
3.5 Lincolns (I found the other half)
187 Nickels
1 Quarter

TOTAL 191.5 COINS VALUE $9.40 &1/2 cents

Thank you for your interest,
GRB

646ad84.jpg

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Re: "SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!!"

Still an excellent second day at the arena GRB!

Keep diggin'...

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

GoldenRoyBoy,

what do you expect?

Post it on the web and everyone knows.

Lots of folks here never post. They just
follow the posts of those from their area.

They find out if your in the area, go back and
read every post you made. Know your name,
what you drive, when you hunt; THEY KNOW
EVERYTHING YOU TELL THEM.

At this very moment, checking stats, we have 134
members on line and and and 651 Guest......Spies.

It's called research ;) ;D

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hello Guys!
Thanks for pouncing on this post so quickly!

Shermanville!
You are so correct; I need to learn to be a little more observant; a little less anxious, to reveal my sources! LOL!
One thing's for sure; ever who "they" were, "they" need to learn how to use their detectors as "they" still left me a lot of nickels! ;)

GRB

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

;D ;)

Your welcome to come on down to
Shermanville anytime :D

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE