TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiveWrecks said:
I saw you buy that one. I just about hit the button since it wasn't getting bid up. Good score!

I bought two today......

I'll probably monitor the artifact section tomorrow and also bid on a book or two....

Stan

Also included a pic of the greenie I got yesterday....

Wow,

Love 1088, what wreck was that from? I really just wanted one from the 1715 fleet, Im not in Florida much these days so never have the chance to hunt. One of my dreams to find one from this wreck but like I said no oppurtunity. I do have the time to dive this summer and would like to dive the Jupiter wreck with Capt Dom which I bought 2 of his books last night but he never answered my PM so i figured he doesnt take on weekend divers. I did buy his books though so maybe hed reconsider :wink:
Just been a dream of mine as I know many others. Make sure you check out my post on coin bezels.

CB

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
The 1088 lot isn't attributed to a wreck and doesn't exhibit even micropitting that would suggest saltwater immersion.I really like the contrasting tone, chunky planchet, deep strike and smoothness where the peripheral edges are worn from circulation. I have a couple of mid-1700's Potosi 8 reale coins with similar features and so this was to compliment them.

I've got both the captain's books too and just assumed that to be permission to dive as you suggested. I've done quite well diving the late night shift when no one is around and have one honey hole that is really producing! My last dive netted a fistfull of stars, an emerald studded crucifix, and a couple of contraband gold fingers. I would have gotten more in my goody bag had it not been for all the sharks buzzing around and me running a little low on air. Maybe I can run to the Keys and hock some stuff on Duval street to finance another week of diving later this summer. You are welcome to join me..... :icon_pirat:

Seriously, I'm sure Dom will put you in the water if you are fit. You could probably also get in a dive with Greg Bounds (http://goldhoundtreasuredivers.com/homepage.html) among others, especially if your dive skills are up to snuff and you have all your own equipment including detector.

Stan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Two more items. I don't think my wallet could stand another day. I'll have to put some stuff on Ebay this weekend....

Stan

Attachments

• 1933.jpg
    1933.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 1932.jpg
    1932.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 332

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Where did you by the books my wife wrote from?

I just asked her if they came through her web site... :dontknow:

I'll ask her to take a look :icon_scratch:

I'm working on the funding budget for diving and waiting for a west wind
the sand is pretty skinny in shore and I want to sweep that area before the
inlet sand trap dredging starts any day now..... :BangHead: :violent1:

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
capt dom said:
Where did you by the books my wife wrote from?

I think through Amazon. It was probably about two years ago. I'm always interested in shipwreck and treasure books NOT in my library, if you have anything else available.

Stan

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dom,

Got them off Amazon. I was roaming around looking for books about the wreck and your name popped up! I was like wow that guys on Treasurenet. LOL. Buy buy buy!

CB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread