Seeded beach :(

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to beach area I have hunted several times. Last time out (two weeks ago) ran into two guys using ctx3030s. This week it had about fifty pennies fresh drop pennies. Had a great time anyway and found all those pennies and two dollars in clad. Sad that someone would try to sent people up thAt way. Thanks for hearing my rant :)

Upvote 0

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand it, but I read about this being done on many beaches in many areas on different forms. ???

Rob071

Greenie
Oct 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol money is money....
And to the person doing it keep doing it tbh,wont be long and it adds up....
Its not always about how much you find,its the time you spend finding it...

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand it, but I read about this being done on many beaches in many areas on different forms. ???

What happens is some people have detectors that feel are better at determining good targets from bad. Or if you spend more time digging bad targets like pennies. You will not have time to get the good stuff. But the joke was on them. Ha Ha.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just toss a hand full of nickles and let them dig!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ran into that, I would leave the high tones and let someone else clean them out...I might miss a high tone gold but I would take my chances and not spend all my time digging pennies.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
really on the beach... how long does it take to take a scoop of sand.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long time if it's 12-18" deep in hard packed wet sand.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longer than think if it is in wet sand, tides keep burying it...

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notch em out, or ignore them, then if you won't be hunting there for awhile I would consider Jeff Gordons idea. Cheers !!

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunate but if I were angry at some metal detectorist I could easily think of more maddening items to seed the beach with.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ran into situations where people with Excals seeded a beach with paper clips to knock out the pi's. Now the CTX'ers use penny's to take out the excals. So they skip the penny's while the rest have to waste time digging them. It take a piece of work to do either imo!

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I DIG THEM ALL... found 100 pennies a few times... and a few gold rings interrupted the random digging. DIG WHAT YOU WANT!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigger scoop, and bigger arms......... chicks dig both... think of it as a work out. I was at a beach not long ago and it was loaded with penny's also. I dug about 15 of them in a 20 ft area then out popped a gold hoop ear ring. The best way that I beat the idiots is with perseverance, THE TIME IN WHICH I HUNT (3 am or so) and a good ear! The guys who douche up the sand with pennies and clips, etc are the idiots who are speed walking, swinging to the fences and need the money to pay for their bi-polar.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is if someone doesnt dig them then they are going to be there for awhile and if its one of your regular beach how long do you ignore high tones? You all know if you leave a target you dug ..... next time you find that target again. I dug over a hundred pennies on one beach couple of years ago during recent drop time...... not much fun. But instead of putting in 5 hours that day i put in 8..... may have slowed me down, but i dig a lot of targets anyway in PP.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is if someone doesnt dig them then they are going to be there for awhile and if its one of your regular beach how long do you ignore high tones? You all know if you leave a target you dug ..... next time you find that target again. I dug over a hundred pennies on one beach couple of years ago during recent drop time...... not much fun. But instead of putting in 5 hours that day i put in 8..... may have slowed me down, but i dig a lot of targets anyway in PP.
All the beaches I go to have so many hunters that they wouldn't be there long...I would just let someone else dig them.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pennies are lame but you know whats worse? A completely sterile beach. When you walk a half mile of beach and don't even get a target of ANY kind. Suddenly your wet sand scoop feels 5x heavier and you start to lose your mojo. Then GWWAAGKKK... a penny. Hey, there's still hope, and like a sucker, you continue on.... lol

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JG...... i have a cure for that...... buy a PI. You wont be draggin that scoop very far.:laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennies are lame but you know whats worse? A completely sterile beach. When you walk a half mile of beach and don't even get a target of ANY kind. Suddenly your wet sand scoop feels 5x heavier and you start to lose your mojo. Then GWWAAGKKK... a penny. Hey, there's still hope, and like a sucker, you continue on.... lol
Yeah, the first time I hunted a beach that didn't have targets I was wondering why my arm was wearing out so fast...then I realized when you stop to dig targets your arm gets a rest while your digging...in the water or out...So I learned that a clean beach aint no fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread