Seeded Hunts and Your Machine of choice

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In years past, I've attended seeded hunts whenever they're in my area, and have always wondered about the choice of machine others use for this type hunting. I always see lots Fisher's and Tesoro's at these hunts. I used an XLT in a couple hunts and wasn't disapointed with the end results. The last hunt I used my explorer, and I felt it was too slow for that speed of hunting. All I use are Minelab's for water and relic hunting, and have no problem with the results, but have considered another machine thats more suited for the seeded hunt. I would like to hear what your choice of machine is. Recovery seems to be the key in this type of hunt. Thanks to all. Kevin

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, seeded hunts require a special animal with a very fast response time and the ability to change freq. to omit cross talk from other detectors close by. The hot Fisher 1235 comes to mind. The Golden Oldie told about them.
Hope I got this right...The Golden Olde
Thank you Sandman. That explains the presents of all those Fishers at the hunts. I like my Minelabs, but swing low,swing slow, don't have a place in seeded hunts. I was able to get around the cross talk issue by using the Explorer's noise cancel feature. If I recall correctly, I had more noise issues with the XLT.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Cibola is the Champ for seeded hunts!

SPECIFICATIONS -Operating Frequency14.3 kHz, 14.5 kHz, 14.7 kHz Searchcoil TypeMonolithic (Carbon Fiber) Searchcoil Size9 x 8 Weight 2.2 lbs Battery Requirement One 9 Volt DC (alkaline)Battery Life (typical)10 to 20 hours Operating Modes Pinpoint All Metal and Silent Search Discriminate

Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus is a four frequency machine with the same coil, and each of those can be offset up and down for 12. It is light, handles fast swinging and is totally wireless.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the kind of hunts and how many hunters close to each other. If you have a lot of hunters close to each other my choice is Fisher 1235x because of the freq shifter and the ability to dial out interference from other detectors.... Tesoro Conquistador is another one with a freq shifter although the 1235x has more freqs to choose from.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher F75 LTD2 or the new Fisher F19 would work quite well.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I attend several every summer and have come to really like using the Tesoro Conquistador umax with the 7" concentric coil. Light, fast to respond and has a frequency shift in case of cross talk.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions