Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only interest in a club would be to pool resources and hook up with a few determined members to make a point of making regular planned detecting excursions, and perhaps annual group hunts.what other point is there to a metal detecting club?
The same point as this forum — to share finds, share ideas, and build friendships. Just in person instead of online.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No instant gratification from detecting. That’s why no kids are out there. I live in a low population rural area. I’ve never seen anyone detecting in the past 30 yrs. I know everyone in the township and have permission to go anywhere I want. Dozens of farm houses that are long gone and are now farm fields. There are still a few people that hunt arrowheads and I see them walking occasionally. Deer hunting is still big and there are quite a few young people doing it. Deer hunting spots are all sewn up and you couldn’t get permission for love nor money.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’m guessing Beyonce, Lady Gag-me or some other influencer would need to show an interest in detecting, to get the youth interested. I’m fairly certain that isn’t going to happen.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never cared for detecting clubs, too much like a high school click.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread