Seeking AT Pro tips and tricks

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my AT Pro a month now and I am pretty solid on standard mode with nearly 40-50 hours. I feel I'm ready to figure out Pro Mode. The questions I have are as follows:

1- Why do I need pro mode? Does it do anything else other than change bell tones to high tones?
2- Does pro mode increase depth? I heard that somewhere and didn't know if that was true.

Also, on a side note, I'm curious on how to get a bit more depth on the machine. Generally, I get solid, repeatable signals at 4-6 inches but I get a one time blip at anything deeper.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
There's no comparison to Standard mode and Pro mode. Pro mode (zero), which is what most will tell you to run, will open up a whole new world for you. Standard mode is like using a $80 metal detector. You'll have to dig everything. Pro mode is why you paid what you did. Get excited because now your going to see what that badboy can do for you. Quick example would be to put a bottle cap on the ground, and go over it slow. Listen closely to the sound when your going over the edge's. Listen to the volume and tone as it drops off. Sorry, no time to get into details, got to go to work. All I will say, is pay attention to the sound. It will give you a much better picture of your target, and you will need at least 100 hrs. to start really feeling comfortable with it. Awesome machine! Good Luck and HH:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions