Seeking feedback concerning the adventure site we have planned.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow adventure seekers.

I am an explorer in Ecuador, South America and I have been planning a website showcasing all our expeditions and projects. I just recently invested in a high-end SLR digital camera and it will be going everywhere with me. I seek ideas and opinions.

If you saw the perfect adventure based website in front of you, what would you see?

A little about me and the planned site:

My dream is to have a very active site with hundreds of videos and thousands of photos of some of the beauty and adventure we will be experiencing. New photos and videos will be added weekly, if not daily. A contact of mine will be designing the site and another friend(who wont be joining me on these trips) will hopefully be adding content and updating the site.
In addition to the various adventure related links, we will have a gardening and permaculture related section as well, since the two will be intermixed. This entire site will be based in Ecuador for now.

Our primary projects:

A few friends and I have been invited to teach the Huaorani Indians of the Amazon rainforest how to dredge responsibly by using no chemicals like mercury and cyanide. Their lands are completely virgin to prospecting accept for panning and they will be taking us to their richest spots. I made this contact through a respected friend of mine who has been friends with some of the tribal leaders for years.
In addition to being a gold prospector, I am also a skilled organic gardener. We are going to be assisting in establishing an organic medicinal herb garden and a small Moringa tree plantation to combat some problems with hepatitus, and malnutrition which they have been dealing with. The Huaorani are legendary warriors and have been repelling invaders for centuries. Unfortunately, things have changed and they have become "civilized". For centuries they have been effective guardians of the rainforest, but things are unfortunately going downhill fast. If you are interested in learning a little about these proud people, do a google search Huaorani and a search on the movie "End of the Spear".

Our second project involves a helicopter charter flight into a very remote and dangerous area of Ecuador that is legendary for being rich in gold. We will fly in for a couple of weeks with basic prospecting gear, do some sampling and get all information necessary to stake a claim for future use. The lower section of this region is accessible on foot but many lives have been lost due to the unpredictable weather and dangerous cliffs. We will be flying over this location to areas inaccessible by foot and doing our sampling. I will be taking lots of photos and video of our sampling techniques and showing the gold from our sampling. The area is pristine and the photo opportunies should be huge.

-Other expeditions will involve us searching for a lost emerald deposit, some "lost" cities.(these sites are known by the natives, but unknown to modern man)
-A visit to volcan Sangay which has numerous treasure legends and is one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
-Metal detecting along the beach which is near the sites of numerous Spanish shipwrecks and metal detecting some old areas famous for pirate activity.(we hope to find a cache)
-I also have friends who frequently head into the infamous Llangante National park in search of the Inca King's treasure trove. Eventually my group might head in, specifically for the photo opportunities and possibly to pan the rivers.
-I am also a skilled spelunker(caver) and hope to lead a small expedition into the Tayos cave system which is huge. This cave system is supposed to hold the legendary metallic library which is rumored to hold the history of mankind.

I have many of my stories in the Treasure Legend thread in the sub forum titled Inca gold. I have some pretty exciting and scary stories from an attempted murder on me in which i was beaten to a pulp and tossed off a cliff to a massive flash flood my group survived. In the same sub forum I also have a thread on ideas for my website, but very little traffic there.

Okay, I have almost written a novel here. Please give me opinions and ideas and explain to me what you think would keep you coming back to the site.

Thanks!
-AA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions