PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I grew up in a group of family/friends who were treasure hunters. They were always heading out to Colorado or some place trying to locate the site of a treasure legend. The high adventure of getting into the field and trekking across mountains on the trail of an old legend is my favorite part of the hunt.

Are there any others out there who would be interested in collaborating on some of these? I am in the DFW area of Texas.

Patrick

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Also looking for treasure legends.

I am in Fairview TX. I like looking for cave treasures/caches. Just got back from Brushy Creek AR.
What do you think of the Pine Knott treasure in OK?

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There are just loads of treasure legends up here in Pennsylvania. Stories of lost Army payrolls, $5 Million in buried Silver Bars at Gardeau, Cache of guns buried by George Washington, an Alternative Declaration of Independence, Lost Indian Silver Mines, Cross on the Rock Cache and the list goes on and on and on. While I've only been really interested in one of these; I remain casually aware of many others in case I stumble onto information on them.

Example: I was recently looking for information on Gardeau and stumbled upon a picture of the Cross on the Rock in a very old book. It's the only picture of it known to exist, and now I'm the only one who has the picture. It was taken in the late 1800's by Rev. Scholl and apparently the author of the article about it knew nothing of the treasure legend associated with it. He only knew the Indian legend of how it got there in the 1600-1700's.

Pennsylvania is so full of legends, ghost towns, battlefields, old forts, and Indian villages not to mention all of the sunken boats in Lake Erie and the rivers that a man couldn't search all of these leads in 10 lifetimes.

Cheers
:occasion14:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureWriter---Virginia is the same story. Everything from buried cannon barrels loaded with gold to buried wagons loaded with gold. If all these stories were true, there wouldn't be enough room for grass grubs and moles to feed.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If the Confederate States of America had ALL that gold that ALL the treasure legends claim they lost,Y'all be singing "DIXIE" as a national anthem!

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi JPS,

I am unfamiliar with the Pine Knott Treasure in OK. Although, I was up there near Lawton looking for one of those metal door mine leads. Both of those states are close enough to check out in a weekend.

Patrick

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Confederate States of America had ALL that gold that ALL the treasure legends claim they lost,Y'all be singing "DIXIE" as a national anthem!

Dixie still is our National Anthem.............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are just loads of treasure legends up here in Pennsylvania. Stories of lost Army payrolls, $5 Million in buried Silver Bars at Gardeau, Cache of guns buried by George Washington, an Alternative Declaration of Independence, Lost Indian Silver Mines, Cross on the Rock Cache and the list goes on and on and on. While I've only been really interested in one of these; I remain casually aware of many others in case I stumble onto information on them.

Example: I was recently looking for information on Gardeau and stumbled upon a picture of the Cross on the Rock in a very old book. It's the only picture of it known to exist, and now I'm the only one who has the picture. It was taken in the late 1800's by Rev. Scholl and apparently the author of the article about it knew nothing of the treasure legend associated with it. He only knew the Indian legend of how it got there in the 1600-1700's.

Pennsylvania is so full of legends, ghost towns, battlefields, old forts, and Indian villages not to mention all of the sunken boats in Lake Erie and the rivers that a man couldn't search all of these leads in 10 lifetimes.

Cheers
:occasion14:

TreasureWriter, please stop using the color fonts, it is agains our rules....http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

"Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)"

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patrick,

Always willing to head into the Mountains if we can pinpoint somewhere. I have been snooping around the Platte River area in "Pike Nat'l Forest" do you get this far east? or do you have somewhere in particular in mind. I am just south of Denver and would like to chat more if you want......let me know.

Thanks

Randy

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Randy,

I just got back from Colorado. I was following a Spanish Sign trail and found a cave. You can see the pictures in the Treasure Marks thread.

Let me know what you think of this :)

Patrick

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy Im in Littleton. Im currently healing up from a surgery but man sounds like you and me should get together and do some hunting. Im just off Bowles and Wadsworth 10 minutes from the foothills. We should meet up for Coffee and do some planning. I Metal Detect, Run a Sluice Box in the river and Im always down to look into leads on treasure stories.

Patrick,

Always willing to head into the Mountains if we can pinpoint somewhere. I have been snooping around the Platte River area in "Pike Nat'l Forest" do you get this far east? or do you have somewhere in particular in mind. I am just south of Denver and would like to chat more if you want......let me know.

Thanks

Randy

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patrick if you want a partner to assist you whos on the ground here in Colorado let me know. Im all about the lore of a good treasure story.

Hi Randy,

I just got back from Colorado. I was following a Spanish Sign trail and found a cave. You can see the pictures in the Treasure Marks thread.

Let me know what you think of this :)

Patrick

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea.............tell you what, when your available, give me a heads up and we can set up a meet (and a cup of starbucks). my email is:

[email protected]

Randy

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great Randy. As stated I had surgery on my foot so be a few more weeks before Im able to start trecking around in the woods and such. But soon as Im healed up we will do a get together. I got some other folks on here also we are talking about meeting up. I will shoot you an email so I got your email saved in my outlook.

James

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Randy,

Are you familiar with the LUE treasure?

Patrick

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not until I began following your posts..........Great Scott...what an investigation you have going. It is interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions