Seems like forever since I last posted!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been about a week since I last hunted. I went out to the local park and tried out an area where my buddy found a Mercury last week and I got a cool old token. I squeaked out 4 wheats from that area. I was fed up after a while because of all of the trash laying on top of the ground. Too many beeps... so I was about to leave, but Lee mentioned trying a different area of the park that I had never tried before.

My first signal... reads beautifully... 1990s screw cap at 8", haha, AWESOME.

I filled the plug and walked about 50 feet forward from that fill dirt, haha. Good signal... 4" deep... 1900 Indian Head... not too shabby. Wondered around a bit more... 1919 Wheat penny at about 7".... more wandering and odd falsing signals... 6" down I get a 1903 Indian Head. I will head back when it cools down and RAINS!

5 Wheats & 2 Indians

1919 - 2
1951D

I would post a picture, but my website has had problems lately from getting hacked into I'm told by the hosts.

I am gunning for you doyboy! I'm up to 27 indians this year... what's your count?

I've also got 257 wheats on the year. Gosh that's a big number. I wish my indian count was that high!

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i was wondering where youve been. nice stuff as usual!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice totals, WTG!!!
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
nice goin on the indians !! impressive amount of wheats too.. have you tried a rain dance yet ?? :D :D

D

doyboy

You gained a little on me, Big Bsco :D! I have 38 for the year. A few days ago I found an 1859 IH at a park. It will be a tight race, bud. But, who will conquer? ::) ::) ::)

Heck, I only have 96 Wheaties for the year.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doyboy said:
You gained a little on me, Big Bsco :D! I have 38 for the year. A few days ago I found an 1859 IH at a park. It will be a tight race, bud. But, who will conquer? ::) ::) ::)

Heck, I only have 96 Wheaties for the year.

You are still 11 up on me... that's a huge mountain to climb, but I do have some nice spots lined up.

I've got a house built in the 1830s that I tried once before but the dog fence was turned on so the explorer went wacky on me. Now I have permission to turn it off and unleash the explorer on a couple acres of land that has never been touched by a detector.

Maybe I can finally get a danged large cent.

I got two more wheats today... 09 and 44.... Up to 259 now. I am getting tired of digging them, haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread