Seems they just MIGHT find that "treasure" after all.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SEVENTH HAS DIED,,,Seems they just MIGHT find that "treasure" after all.

As far as legends go the legend of Oak Islands deaths rules them all.
With the legend saying that "7 must die" before the secret of the treasure will be found.
So with all the "success" towards the end of last years shows, and the teasers of what is going on in the upcoming, you have to ask,,, WHAT HAPPENED ?

Well,,, I will tell you.
THE SEVENTH HAS DIED WHILE HUNTING THE TREASURE.

You heard me,,,read the rest here.

Infamous Oak Island claims 7th LIFE! Curse Completed? UNTOLD STORY Hidden Till Now |

The question now is,,, WHY WASN'T THIS RELEASED ON THE SHOW?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch::icon_scratch: I don't know what to think now...:BangHead:
================================================================
Me either my friend,,me either

But ya know,,, there MAY be more to this than we have been told. The guy "Commander" has several sites online with this subject, now I am not sure if he is attempting to "monetize" it for personal gain,
or if it is something else entirely. Apparently he devised the system to scan bar codes on cell phones so if this is the case, he is well self-funded thus leaving his actions in a more "admirable" way.
From what I read I lean towards the latter option.

This IS television after all where keeping the viewer hooked is the game. But with that said,,, and the absolute sensationalism that would follow the public release that a seventh person has died in search of the treasure, it seems odd that I did not hear of it till I came across the Commanders site by accident.

Then there HAS been notable discoveries made in 10X,, guaranteed,,, is this "the beginning of the end?" As Marty so well put it? They have 170 MILLION invested in this project, A thousand times what any other group has invested.
In my opinion,,,I truly believe there are SEVERAL "treasures" to be found there. And every one of them is righteous onto itself, let alone that they are all on this "island".

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the legend saying that "7 must die" before the secret of the treasure will be found.
So with all the "success" towards the end of last years shows, and the teasers of what is going on in the upcoming, you have to ask,,, WHAT HAPPENED ?

Well,,, I will tell you.

Infamous Oak Island claims 7th LIFE! Curse Completed? UNTOLD STORY Hidden Till Now |

I read the Blog at the link you posted.
Talk about a wrinkle!

This part of the Blog, caught my attention.

Out of over 50 proposed investigative missions and hundreds upon hundreds of historical connective facts which need to see the light of day, they narrowed down four items they would consider for inclusion, three of which were;
(1) find us the map Matt was after and take us to the secret shrine, and;
(2) bring us the 90 Foot stone from the family who has it, and;
(3) bring us the King Baldwin Coins found on Oak Island.
Don’t really remember the fourth since I was in a haze over the “sharing a screen comment”.

So my questions.
#2, They know who has the 90' stone?
Are they talking the original?
#3, King Baldwin Coins found on O/I?
Were they found during an earlier attempt? 50, 100, 200 years ago?
Is he talking Crusade Coins,
Were they Gold or Silver?

I did some googling and found some references to; Crusade Coins, The Leper King- Baldwin IV of Jerusalem.

After the death of Baldwin V, successor and nephew of Baldwin IV 'The Leper', Saladin poised to siege Jerusalem. Out of desperation and necessity, Balian of Ibelin stripped the silver and gold edicule from the Church of the Holy Sepulcher for striking coins to pay those defending the city at it's last stand.

Baldwin III [AD 1130-1162]
Baldwin IV? [AD 1161-1185]

Current hoard evidence suggests these types were struck under Baldwin III, though there is the possibility that they may have been revived and continually struck by his nephew, King Baldwin IV 'The Leper'. The coins simply read 'King Baldwin of Jerusalem'.

Obverse: Cross of Jerusalem surrounded by legend 'BALDVINVS REX' (King Baldwin)
Reverse: Tower of David (citadel near the Jaffa Gate to Old Jerusalem) surrounded by legend 'DE IERUSALEM' (Of Jerusalem)

m511.jpg

As I said in another post, If my questions are lame, please forgive my ignorance in advance.

If you can share some info, I Thank You! in advance, for your time and patience, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tim

Last edited:

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly how old is the Seven Must Die legend?

I'm too new here to even think about linking another Forum.
But I did find some info, which I hope is safe to post.

This info is credited to the rightful authors, I wish THANK THEM! for allowing me to c/p their work.
Respectfully tim.

I first heard of the Oak Island ("Seven men must die") legend in Dr. Helen Creighton's 1950 booklet "Folklore of Lunenburg County"

Click the images below to read the it all.

c1.png
c2.png
c3.png

The book at Google Books.
https://books.google.com/books?id=6...ORD36105019697700&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=

In Search of the Money Pit.
Season 3, Episode 64 (Leonard Nimoy) Oak Island, 1973.

Forward to the 21:00 minute mark, to hear Lenard Nimoy say the Prophecy.
If you listen for 2 more minutes you hear how the current company on site (1973),
dug down 230ft and were prepared to spend up to 3-million dollars and dig out the whole end of the island.

Respectfully,
tim

Last edited:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a rhetorical question, and not that I believe In curses, but this whole 7 must die thing, this poor fellow who passed away wasn't actually looking for the treasure, he was just documenting the search, so does it count as the 7th?

ex nihilo

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But ya know,,, there MAY be more to this than we have been told. The guy "Commander" has several sites online with this subject, now I am not sure if he is attempting to "monetize" it for personal gain,
or if it is something else entirely. Apparently he devised the system to scan bar codes on cell phones so if this is the case, he is well self-funded thus leaving his actions in a more "admirable" way.
From what I read I lean towards the latter option.

This IS television after all where keeping the viewer hooked is the game. But with that said,,, and the absolute sensationalism that would follow the public release that a seventh person has died in search of the treasure, it seems odd that I did not hear of it till I came across the Commanders site by accident.

Then there HAS been notable discoveries made in 10X,, guaranteed,,, is this "the beginning of the end?" As Marty so well put it? They have 170 MILLION invested in this project, A thousand times what any other group has invested.
In my opinion,,,I truly believe there are SEVERAL "treasures" to be found there. And every one of them is righteous onto itself, let alone that they are all on this "island".

This is why the clues every treasure co find are so confusing; they go to different treasures, all buried at different times on the island. Lots of puzzle pieces to lots of different puzzles.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who came up with this "7 deaths" thing? And what do they have to say about the stockmarket for 2016?

I don't believe in curses, fortune tellers or horoscopes. Sorry.

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who came up with this "7 deaths" thing? And what do they have to say about the stockmarket for 2016?
I don't believe in curses, fortune tellers or horoscopes. Sorry.

Condensed from my post above.
View the 3 attachments to see the whole discussion, tim.

Jo:

I first heard of the Oak Island ("Seven men must die") legend in Dr. Helen Creighton's 1950 booklet
"Folklore of Lunenburg County" which is in the National Archives, Ottawa.
Creighton was an astute collector of Acadian Celtic lore and mythology.

As I recall, Dr. Helen Creighton spent a great deal of time personally gathering the legends, folklore, ghost stories, music and such for her books
"on the ground" in interviews with those who knew them, believed in them and/or had first hand knowledge.
My guess is that she interviewed somebody in Lunenburg County who told her of the "seven men must die" legend.

Dr. Helen Creighton is as good a one as any to blame it on.
Note the surname Creighton as in Marshall and
Creighton, the shop the inscribed stone languished in prior to it's disappearance.

Creighton's 1950 booklet also has some other 19th century macabre local folklore suggesting how to retrieve the treasure.
One was to throw "a live baby" down into the Money Pit,
and the other was to throw down "a colored man".
(Poor old Samuel Ball, a freed U.S. slave who farmed on the island in the mid-1800's, must have been sleeping with one eye open those days).

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

from wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat

The CueCat was invented by J. Jovan Philyaw, who changed his name to J. Hutton Pulitzer.[3][4] Belo Corporation, then parent company of the Dallas Morning News and owner of many TV stations, invested US$37.5 million in Digital Convergence, Radio Shack $30 million, Young & Rubicam $28 million and Coca-Cola $10 million.[5] The total amount invested was $185 million.[6]

Starting in late 2000 and continuing for over a year, advertisements, special web editions and editorial content containing CueCat barcodes appeared in many U.S. periodicals, including Parade magazine, Forbes magazine and Wired magazine. The Dallas Morning News and other Belo-owned newspapers added the barcodes next to major articles and regular features like stocks and weather. Commercial publications such as AdWeek, BrandWeek and MediaWeek also employed the technology. The CueCat bar codes also appeared in select Verizon Yellow Pages, providing advertisers a link to additional information. For a time, RadioShack included these barcodes in its product catalogs and distributed CueCat devices through its retail chain to customers at no charge. CueCats were also bulk mailed (unsolicited) to certain mailing lists, such as subscribers of Forbes and Wired magazines.

In the Wall Street Journal, Walter Mossberg criticized CueCat: "In order to scan in codes from magazines and newspapers, you have to be reading them in front of your PC. That's unnatural and ridiculous." Mossberg wrote that the device "fails miserably. Using it is just unnatural." He concluded that the CueCat "isn't worth installing and using, even though it's available free of charge".[7] Joel Spolsky, a computer technology reviewer, also criticized the device as "not solving a problem" and characterized the venture as a "feeble business idea".[8]

The data format was proprietary, and was scrambled so the barcode data could not be read as plain text. However, the barcode itself is closely related to Code 128, and the scanner was also capable of reading EAN/UPC and other symbologies. Because of the weak obfuscation of the data, meant only to protect the company under DMCA guidelines (like the DVD protection Content Scramble System), the software for decoding the CueCat's output quickly appeared on the Internet, followed by a plethora of unofficial applications.[9]

Failure

The CueCat is widely described as a commercial failure. It was listed as one of "The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time" by PC World magazine.[10

Investors in CueCat lost their $185 million. Technology journalist Scott Rosenberg called the CueCat a "Rube Goldberg contraption", a "massive flop" and a "fiasco".[5]

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a rhetorical question, and not that I believe In curses, but this whole 7 must die thing, this poor fellow who passed away wasn't actually looking for the treasure, he was just documenting the search, so does it count as the 7th?
==================================
GOOD QUESTION !!
I would answer it by saying yes if he passed while on the island. After all he WAS part of the team looking for treasure.
Personally I find the OAK TREE "curse" more interesting.
That the treasure will not be found until the LAST OAK tree has died. When I looked at the Oak trees that were on the island I noticed that they did NOT look like NAY Oak tree I have ever seen in NORTH AMERICA.
So I went out to the internet and looked for "oak" trees that looked like the ones on Oak Island.
DAMMED IF I DIDN'T FIND IT.
The tall, umbrella canopy Oak trees ARE FROM AFRICA
Well damn, damn, DAMN. Doesn't that prove to be an interesting factoid? I bet there IS a LOT more that has "African" overtones there than thought or even expected.
This is getting VERY interesting to me anyway,, more than before.
:coffee2:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends. You always back-into predictions after the fact.

If they find something then, yes, that was the seventh.

If they don't find anything then, no, that was not the seventh.

That way everyone's happy.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well,,, I will tell you.

Complete rubbish. The "7 must die" was invented a few years ago. it has no basis in history of the area or the digs. But the treasure legend is fake too, so why let facts get in the way?

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitndahed, if that specie of oaks are from Africa, how do they manage to get through the winters of Nova Scotia? Humm, I don't think it could survive that cold, hey but no expert on botanics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread