Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen this... "My good friend and relic partner for the last 20 yrs. got shot"

These things shouldn't happen! (Not my friend)

My good friend and relic partner for the last 20 yrs. got shot today and died as someone tried to rob him inside his home early this morning. I will miss him.

R.I.P. Wayne Vaughan.

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/relic/relic_config.pl?read=320685

Update posted:

"They caught 2 of them he had shot one of them in the leg. story is three broke in to rob him, he woke up two ran out the back door he shot one in the leg cornered him in a bathroom and that is when the S.O.B. shot 5 times 2 of them hitting him in the chest and killing him instanly. they got away with nothing. charges are breaking and entering commiting felony with a firearm, and first degree murder.

thaks for all of your kindness, it is greatly appreciated."

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Seen this... "My good friend and relic partner for the last 20 yrs. got shot"

time to oil up ole sparky in my point of view -- folks that do stuff like that like need to be put on death row . -- a true pity your freind lost his life --hope that they catch all 3 of em and put them in for life with no parole at the very least .

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Seen this... "My good friend and relic partner for the last 20 yrs. got sho

This is not my friend, although the name seems a little familiar. I wonder if he was a regular relic poster on the forums.

ShootTheMoon

Apr 20, 2010
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100, Pioneer 101
Re: Seen this... "My good friend and relic partner for the last 20 yrs. got shot"

AH ok you meant to quote them from another forum.
This happened to my grandfather in the mid-80's.
Though he lived, with 2 gunshot wounds, he never was completely healthy and died 5 years later.
He was a retired 2x war vet and a farmer.
He kept all of his war time medals/buckles/etc and his fathers.
He also plowed up all sorts of things on his 300 acre property.
He was usually a quiet fellow, few friends, kept to himself and his family.
He employed a man to help during harvest and the man saw all his relics/etc.
On a bender the man told some other men what my grandfather had stashed in his office.
These 3 men tried to rob my grandfather, although they shot him twice, he was able to fill them full of buckshot, live and nothing was taken.
He kept the office locked and his items in a wall safe, after that and didn't let on he had these things.
You can't trust people, especially now of days.
Your accomplishments and prized possessions can one day go against you.
This is sad indeed.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man that just sucks! You know everyone who does collecting of any kind has to keep pretty much everything under wraps. With today and the way things are happening, even more people will be targeted. Pretty damn shame!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those, "people" have caused me to keep my doors locked all the time and motion sensing lights front and back of MY property!!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnycat said:
Those, "people" have caused me to keep my doors locked all the time and motion sensing lights front and back of MY property!!

Thanks for the reminder on the motion light as I have been meaning to get that done. (Had an unwanted visitor last Summer trying to get through the window but changed his mind when the dug started to bark)

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

Sorry to hear this. In this day & age this can happen anywhere from the city streets to the
poshest neighborhoods. Funny how they never report how many lives were SAVED by a
homeowner being armed to protect their family or themselves.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

So sorry about your friend :(
Law enforcement response time in our rural area to a 911 shooting call is 45 minutes at best . My wife and I are both licenced for concealed carry and are armed at all times .
Our early warning device is our Aussie stock dog . Working farm dog and house pet . She tells us at night if we have a critter (deer , skunk , 'coon , ect.) in our yard or a varmint that needs to become shot .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi my friends: Because of my past activities, I long ago learned to sleep with a pistol down by my hips. This has kept me here to bug you. Under a pillow or in a night stand is a no no.

Don Jose de La Mancha

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

especially now-a-days, got to protect family and yourself. just way too many bad things going on and seems like there are more nuts around to do something stupid. like the old days, Colt justice.
take care and be safe out there. ron

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

I live out in the sticks, call me paranoid or whatever, but during the day I keep a 45 tucked in the couch where I sit, at night it is by my side in the bed. My wife does the same, and she has a concealed carry licence. When I am gone, it is with me. I also keep other weapons in every room of the house if the need ever come up. I WILL NOT HESITATE TO USE THEM! I have shot people before... in war, and don't mind doing it again. Every One should be fully armed in these times. It won't be long before the government will make it impossible to do so. Arm yourselves! Times are getting worse no matter what they are telling you. It is better to have one and not need it, then to need it and not have it. It is our right under the constitution.

kakcsdad

Feb 5, 2007
cantonment, florida (pensacola)
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT stock and 5.3 coil

sorry for your loss of a friend..my father in law was shot in the head and died a week later while walking to get ready for a stress test. just put the b-------d in a room with his family, they will take care of justice.
gl

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jeez .... :'(
I just this post.

I'm sorry my friend

Now they have to suffer in a smelly stinky confined rat hole the rest of there lives.
They had better get right with the man eh?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

so sorry for your loss,my most heart felt condolences to you and his family.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

His name sounds familiar to me too for some reason.

BTW people, This is a tragic story, and a needless death and i'm sure he was a great guy and many people miss him but-

IT'S NOT HIS FRIEND

Sorry Iron Patch I had to do it. Maybe the third time will be the charm

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

this is very sad indeed.. as for death row.. screw that.. execute asap.. think of all the tax dollars that would save us..

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

A good (slimy) defence lawyer would cry "self defence!"..As the guy being robbed shot first and then cornered him in a bathroom."My client was shot,in pain and in fear for his life...so he defended himself your honour!"
Sadly the chances are these days of him winning and walking free!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

In gentler times I disarmed them and turned them over to the cops.
These days I mark them and call 9-11 to haul their sorry asses to the
ER. I want to know them when i see them again and have too little
time left to spend it in court being sued for violating the civil rights
of people who forfeited their rights when they infringed on mine.
Every report like this whether I know the victim or not is a loss for
our people. Every one that ends with the perp dead is a victory.
siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread