Selling 5 rolls of pre 1960 Jeffferson nickles for $20.00 (no war nickles) SOLD!

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I have placed an add on Craigs List.
I am selling 5 rolls of pre 1960 Jefferson nickles, $10 face for $20.00. I have a guy who is willing to buy them. What do you think? I have culled out any war nickles and the low mintage's. The add say that this would be great for someone starting to collect coins.

Gordon and Tanner

Upvote 0

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Selling 5 rolls of pre 1960 Jeffferson nickles for $20.00 (no war nickles)

great idea!
please let us know if it was actually SOLD, i would love to sell some of mine for 100% premium lol
good luck!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

gordon and tanner said:
I have placed an add on Craigs List.
I am selling 5 rolls of pre 1960 Jefferson nickles, $10 face for $20.00. I have a guy who is willing to buy them. What do you think? I have culled out any war nickles and the low mintage's. The add say that this would be great for someone starting to collect coins.

Gordon and Tanner

that's a HUGE price. If he buys them, ask him to keep you rname to buy MORe whenever he wants. get him all he will take! :-)

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

I am supposed to meet him before my show tonight. I will let you know.

Gordon

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silver spoon said:
ive been selling pre 1952 nickles for 5 months now for 2 times face.Theres a market for them.Its not a lot of money but hey it something
Very nice!
On ebay?

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

The guy bought them. $40 cash for $20 in nickles. He said he would take more, I probably have about $30 more left. Not a huge score but I will now have a reason to save those pesky pre 1960 Jeffersons. How may 1953 nickles do you need anyway?

Anyone else trying to sell theirs? My add was on Craig's List for two days.

This is what my add said:
"I have 5 rolls of pre 1960 Jefferson nickles for sale. They would be fun to search through for a beginner coin collector. Only $20 Firm. Please do not call after 9:00 pm, calling is way faster than e-mail, I do not text."

Gordon and Tanner

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Can't believe the guy bought them for that price. I just checked Feebay and an auction of $10 face value sold for $11.50. With Feebay Fees of 9% commission & 3% forced Paypal, how can they even make money? Probably took a loss on the transaction. People make mistakes on Feebay for listing their items too low. Congrats on the deal. Makes me wonder what this guy is doing with them if he's so eager to buy them. Guess he hasn't checked Feebay.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Maybe he was hoping to score some war nickels in the rolls? Wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly doesn't want to buy more :laughing7:

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool...maybe I'll try that with all demoninations. I never knew anything about coins as a kid, but I saved everything 1959 and below anyways.

I just wish I knew about CRH and silver back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread