Selling Enders

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
No way, some of them who have not had the full effect of Fluoridated water will be able to put it together and start hunting them type rolls themselves.

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
It may work.I see people selling wheat pennies all the time and say there unsearched??.So a roll with a silver ender will get them to bid,try a roll or 2!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Your better off searching the roll and reloading the roll with a bait silver on the end and the rest clad and crimp the rolls. Unscrupulous, but so are most of the sellers.

How many "unsearched" wheat rolls are for sale are really unsearched? Many of the sellers have paid off their crimping machines many times over. Load a roll with a crappy Indian on end, the rest with wheats from the 50's, and people will bid. Every 10th auction, load a few keepers so that the feedback is reflected that people are actually finding some goodies and you are set.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow, I think I just changed my mind about buying "unsearched rolls" on ebay. Some people don't have high standards at all.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
coinmojo said:
Not worth riking negitive feedback.....

Most people won't leave the negative feedback out of fear of retribution. If the advertisement states that it is an unsearched roll (most will have the disclaimer "by me"), and you receive a roll of 49 wheats and the 1 "known" Indian than the seller has met his/her obligation. Negative feedback doesn't really hurt the powersellers as the ratio of number of sales versus the negative feedback is minuscule. The reciprocal negative feedback given to the buyer is much more damaging. The ratio of number of purchases compared to the negative feedback is greater. Most will just chalk it up to "learning experience". They might choose to "never buy from that seller again". Yet, they'll be buying "unsearched" rolls again from other sellers. I know one powerseller that has 4 different seller accounts all are powersellers.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Diver_Down said:
coinmojo said:
Not worth riking negitive feedback.....

Most people won't leave the negative feedback out of fear of retribution. If the advertisement states that it is an unsearched roll (most will have the disclaimer "by me"), and you receive a roll of 49 wheats and the 1 "known" Indian than the seller has met his/her obligation. Negative feedback doesn't really hurt the powersellers as the ratio of number of sales versus the negative feedback is minuscule. The reciprocal negative feedback given to the buyer is much more damaging. The ratio of number of purchases compared to the negative feedback is greater. Most will just chalk it up to "learning experience". They might choose to "never buy from that seller again". Yet, they'll be buying "unsearched" rolls again from other sellers. I know one powerseller that has 4 different seller accounts all are powersellers.

Except the seller cannot leave the buyer negative feedback or neutral feedback. The seller can only leave positive feedback or leave none at all.

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
RIcoinhunter said:
It may work.I see people selling wheat pennies all the time and say there unsearched??.So a roll with a silver ender will get them to bid,try a roll or 2!!
My favorites are the ones that say unsearched and then go on to say that the roll contains Wheats from the 20's 30's 40's and 50's or some such verbage, those always give me a chuckle!

Chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread