Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably no gold ones for sale....right Brad?

That friggin Marvin sneaked in and found 1 of the 4 upon this ridge.... We're working upon a deal now between us before I go Ninga on him.... :occasion14: Georgia is kinda close to me. Hopefully he'll hand it over before then.... :laughing7:

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also blacksmith on the side and we use these to make kissing horses...they sell for 70.00...

Gary

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also blacksmith on the side and we use these to make kissing horses...they sell for 70.00...

Gary

I have had my forge running for the last week. :thumbsup: Rusty horseshoes who would have thought. Only on eBay....

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know.... but, I assure you mine all have original 100+ year old rust.
The one you had in the past that I now have has no rust.:hello2: I wonder what Thingamabobs and Dohickies are selling for?
Marvin

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oxen shoes should be worth real good money then

Yup, I think I got $15.00 for 10 of my dug ones on eBay! I've also sold dug shotgun shells and rusty chains as well! I'm guessing they use the chains to decorate their home, garage or barn, but what the heck can you do with dug shells?

Lots of "unique" buyers on eBay...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one you had in the past that I now have has no rust.:hello2: I wonder what Thingamabobs and Dohickies are selling for?
Marvin

Watch'em folks.... this guy is slick. He's in and out quickly and quietly. He's a real pro! :BangHead:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Imagine the gold mine the guys are sitting on who own the old Horse Shoe Tavern in my old hometown of Hopkinton NH...

Attachments

• card00167_fr.jpg
    card00167_fr.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 47

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug some. I have kept 3 from a Civil War camp. Still don't know why. The horseshoe in the Ebay posting is over 100 years old. There are actually books out there to date them. I have one such book.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have dug some. I have kept 3 from a Civil War camp. Still don't know why. The horseshoe in the Ebay posting is over 100 years old. There are actually books out there to date them. I have one such book.

Well... where have you been??????? Not trying to put you on the spot.... but how do you know horseshoes from a civil war camp? I'd truly like to know. And PLEASE share with me the book you have to date horseshoes. Some of the ones I've found are VERY OLD. Most of them are 1/2 shoes worn thin before they were replaced.

Thank you very much for the requested info.... Brad

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Back when I was cleaning up all my iron junk I discovered two shoes that had makers mark
under the rust. They are out in the shop somewhere. Also found a brand that read JJ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread