Selling my Nox for one of these...

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
especially like the one with the iPad hung on it. that would be fun to swing.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the OP is not being too serious about this, but just wanted to say that I am not a fan of putting the main detector control on the smart phone, it is sub optimized for such a specialized task (if it is indeed doing the signal processing and not just displaying TIDs and sounding tones, which would also introduce a delay via bluetooth) as other apps would likely interfere and make this a frustrating detecting experience. I would have to turn my phone off, for example to keep calls or texts from interrupting the interface. I like having the phone on for comms and can make the choice to look at the phone when I get the vibration notification. I think the smart phone is a great tool to take detecting and consider it essential for me for recording finds, tracking site coverage, and of course for comms, but marrying it directly to the detector presents problems. I wouldn't mind if a detector company used a smart phone like dedicated interface for ease in updating and programming, but I have found that while a smart phone can do a lot of very complex tasks, it often cannot do them well, especially if you attempt to have the requisite apps all reside on the same phone. Also, I have found as many drawbacks to completely wireless detecting (a la Deus) as advantages (e.g., the antenna claptrap you have to add to accommodate water hunting, for example and EMI susceptibility). Just my two cents.

Interesting approach, but I think they should call it vapor detecting at this point (as in "vaporwear" - see the reviews in the app store).

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That shaft to coil pivot point will probably be a problem once it gets some wear on it, causing it to flop down in the front. That arm rest doesn't look too comfy either.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
When I started looking for a new detector a while back, I kinda wondered why I didn't see a product like that. Just figured someone would make one. Cheesy, but inevitable really. I bet with the right price point, it would sell a lot at Christmas time.

I wouldn't mind a cradle attached to the control of my Equinox. I do use my phone as a companion to it. GPS, mapping, weather radar, clock, all play their role in my game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread