mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some scrap gold ring and neglaces that I would like to sell. Where do everyone sells their scrap gold at. I would realy like to get the best price that I can. Plus where do you sell your diamonds at. The close big town to me is over a hour away and then I would have to hunt a place up to sell. So I thought it would be better to ask here and then mail my gold and diamonds in. Thanks....Matt

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I buy at 98% no refining fees

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, jewelerdave can you tell us how you do this and how we can sell to you for this price ?
98% is even better than Midwest Refineries.

I went to a local place here in Charlotte NC that has a good reputation, I had a bunch of stuff
and they offered me little for some things I thought would be a lot, and good money for the
more solid gold pieces... but not anything near 98% I don't think.

I have a men's class ring with a stone, total weight is 25.4 grams 14k
I can not determine how they figure the stones weight, but they offered me $302.00 or $304.00
can't remember exactly,
But describing this item to you and knowing the exact weight like this, what would your rate be ?

Thanks for your time.
Richard

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
TORRERO said:
I have a men's class ring with a stone, total weight is 25.4 grams 14k
I can not determine how they figure the stones weight, but they offered me $302.00 or $304.00
can't remember exactly,

Wow.. They are offering you average 75% value.. depending on spot price at the time.

I deal with scrap gold every day.. Its what i do for a living. i sold to a refienery that offered 98% and they were exactly spot on. i used the dentrics calculator to determine the pure gold conent and weight and they were right at the mark..

I have talked to Dave quite a bit in the past and he is on the Up and Up. So when he says 98% he means it..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions