Semi Key Date Barber Dime Today

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac with all the goodies.
I haven't posted much at all this year 'cause I haven't found anything except Mercs and Roosies. But I still go out as much as I can.
Today I went to Golden Gate Park with all the other thousands of folks, but ducked into one of my favorite spots in the "Spooky Ol Woods". Started digging all the usual brass thingys when I got a lovely sound, deep. I was happy to see an 1892 S Barber dime come out of the sand about 9" deep. It's been around a bit, but hey...It's a Barber.
Thanks for looking.
Happy Easter.
HH,
MT
Tom

Attachments

• today323.jpg
    today323.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
:wav:
Alright, Tom, way to go! That's a real ooold barber for sure, and a semi-key one at that!
You're not afraid of them Spooky 'Ol Woods....you've made so many great finds from those areas of GGP.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the Barber :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one, a very good year!!!

9 inches is down there for a dime. I swing an Explorer XS and I used to see these deep Explorer finds and i used to want to wave the BS flag on those claims......until I dug an Indian Head that was AT LEAST 9" deep. My X-1 probe was completely in the hole before it picked up a signal but I don't know how deep under the probe it was because it was in my next handful of dirt. It made a believer out of me! I had my gain at 10 when I found it and it sounded like an IH and the crosshairs were in the right spot too.

How did your dime sound & read when you hit it?

WTG,
SgtSki

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sweet Barber! Congrats.
I love your avatar. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
MT

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
KirkTN said:
Nice Barber, 9" that's gettin' down there. :thumbsup: keep it up.
Thanks Kirk...9" With an Explorer is not uncommon :wink:
HH,
MT
Tom

OP
OP
MT

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
Captn_SE said:
:wav:
Alright, Tom, way to go! That's a real ooold barber for sure, and a semi-key one at that!
You're not afraid of them Spooky 'Ol Woods....you've made so many great finds from those areas of GGP.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Cap...I will never be afraid of those woods till rattlesnakes show up in San Francisco.
Thanks for your nice reply Buddy.
HH,
MT
Tom

OP
OP
MT

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
SgtSki in MI said:
Nice one, a very good year!!!

9 inches is down there for a dime. I swing an Explorer XS and I used to see these deep Explorer finds and i used to want to wave the BS flag on those claims......until I dug an Indian Head that was AT LEAST 9" deep. My X-1 probe was completely in the hole before it picked up a signal but I don't know how deep under the probe it was because it was in my next handful of dirt. It made a believer out of me! I had my gain at 10 when I found it and it sounded like an IH and the crosshairs were in the right spot too.

How did your dime sound & read when you hit it?

WTG,
SgtSki
Sarge...My dime sounded loud, clear and wonderful at 9". Thanks for your response.
HH,
MT
Tom

OP
OP
MT

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
ModernMiner said:
Very sweet Barber! Congrats.
I love your avatar. :thumbsup:
-MM-
Thanks very much MM. Here's one for you.
HH,
MT
Tom

Attachments

• bigsmile.jpg
    bigsmile.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 205
  • bigsmile.jpg
    bigsmile.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 207

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread