Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
remember your wrist tendons are tied to your ankle tendons, rest them both

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get better soon my friend.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I already decided I won't accept Surgery for anything unless I'm on my Death bed.

And even then wonder would it be worth Lying on my back being Treated Like a baby for any
extended Time :(
Yes i wil not let them do surgery on me …. The only surgery i have had was only one time and that was to my hip after a car accident… and i am 74.. So i think i am lucky in that way..I think a lot of people get surgery they do not need and are sorry after .. You should be back detecting soon.. HH

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, how the heck did I miss the meeting about THIS!?!?!

Yikes! Maybe you can rent a wheelchair and a few kids can roll you around the park and dig your targets? :)

Get better!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
but whatta ya gonna do, I'm no expert on crutches & 200 pounds on the other ankle is definately straining that one :o

Jeff --

For folks who have difficulty with crutching, instead of holding the injured foot behind when you crutch, see if you can hold it forward and have it in front of you. Worked for me! And if you get to cane stage -- the cane goes on your g o o d side.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Signed,
Busted Bones :skullflag: (Twice in Two Years).

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm. Jeff of PA breaks his ankle, and Harrison Ford breaks his ankle, both at about the same time. Mighty suspicious. Perhaps we have a celebrity treasure hunter in our midst......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again All.

Today they put one of these on

usa_walker_standard.jpg

it is so heavy and bulky, at first (& Elevator like) I felt like I had the Frankenstein Monster's Foot.
it also was very hard to walk in unassisted by crutches.

It has adjusted on it's own & now I can walk unassisted but only baby steps,
so I will still be using crutches till I get used to it, But I am at least able to
get in & out the house without fear of falling, & do not need to wheel myself around
the house in computer chairs.

looks like next appointment and next type fracture boot will be on July 9th.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you receive any info about other foots height? A shorter one swings easier but not always ideal, it depends on your normal gait and now your new one. ,Sometimes a insole or two can raise short one to a level where your hips are even and you don,t feel like your on a post when you step onto the higher one.
Running,(l.o.l.) an uneven height will be noticeable in lower back and various tendons and muscles. Can affect spine too.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you receive any info about other foots height? A shorter one swings easier but not always ideal, it depends on your normal gait and now your new one. ,Sometimes a insole or two can raise short one to a level where your hips are even and you don,t feel like your on a post when you step onto the higher one.
Running,(l.o.l.) an uneven height will be noticeable in lower back and various tendons and muscles. Can affect spine too.

no actually.

He spent about 5 Minutes putting it together on my foot.

showed me how to use the Velcro to put it on & off.

and Left.

when I stood I had to Bend my left knee to correct height with my right side,
but as I said it seems to be adjusting (Seating ?) & I don't notice it feeling like it wants to push me up & forward
any more.

it is possible most of my worries at the moment are
Mental fears of the Unknown, because of the learning curve

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology ..." :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly! Now he's a Robo-Mod! and instead of banning your going to get "booted". Ouch!

It's all the adjustments and new things, you ll be fine Jeff! The body heals it's self if we let it.

Ya they don't tell you much now days, they figure you know it, or it's so mundane to them, they forget you don't! You can call and ask if you have questions or problems, that's part of what they get paid for too!

Stay as mobile as you can with out irritating the ankle. Hopefully your half way through it!
You'll be out detecting before you know it with some great places lined up!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks again All.

Today they put one of these on

View attachment 1011009

it is so heavy and bulky, at first (& Elevator like) I felt like I had the Frankenstein Monster's Foot.
it also was very hard to walk in unassisted by crutches.

It has adjusted on it's own & now I can walk unassisted but only baby steps,
so I will still be using crutches till I get used to it, But I am at least able to
get in & out the house without fear of falling, & do not need to wheel myself around
the house in computer chairs.

looks like next appointment and next type fracture boot will be on July 9th.

Hey Jeff.... I wore one just about like that one 2 years ago. Does your have the air pump in the top of the tongue? I could put mine on and then pump it up to really support my ankle and ligaments. As I stated before I broke my ankle horribly 40 years ago. I was out back exploring with my grandson and twisted the same ankle badly awhile back. Barely made it back to the ATV to get home. They put my ankle in the "boot" like yours but mine would capable of blowing up around the ankle and it really supported it. But it was balky and uncomfortable. I hope your ligaments aren't / weren't damaged like mine.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff.... I wore one just about like that one 2 years ago. Does your have the air pump in the top of the tongue? I could put mine on and then pump it up to really support my ankle and ligaments. As I stated before I broke my ankle horribly 40 years ago. I was out back exploring with my grandson and twisted the same ankle badly awhile back. Barely made it back to the ATV to get home. They put my ankle in the "boot" like yours but mine would capable of blowing up around the ankle and it really supported it. But it was balky and uncomfortable. I hope your ligaments aren't / weren't damaged like mine.

aaah ! So that's what the Blue Bubble is "air pump " I thought it was just a Fancy addition :tongue3: or like a "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper" for my shin :laughing7:

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

ligaments , all I can say is I'm still very swollen after 20 days.
my little Toe & the one next to it don't move & I can feel the nerve to it,
when I try to move them. it feels weird like a Numb Rubber band in my foot :tongue3:
most of the skin level tenderness is gone though

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea sounds like you REALLY pulled and twisted some ligaments. Now before you start pumping find the relief valve FIRST!!! Because if you don't you'll have a hell of a time getting it back off. And if it starts to hurt later after pumping it up you'll just have to relieve some air pressure from the air blathers. You should have some metal straps going vertical also. These straps are thin and can be "moved" to fit and further contour with your foot, ankle and leg for support and a more custom fit as the swelling slowly goes down. Mine turned every shade under the rainbow and more. But find that relief valve first. Mine was a small black knob about the diameter of a dime and 3/8" in height.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea sounds like you REALLY pulled and twisted some ligaments. Now before you start pumping find the relief valve FIRST!!! Because if you don't you'll have a hell of a time getting it back off. And if it starts to hurt later after pumping it up you'll just have to relieve some air pressure from the air blathers. You should have some metal straps going vertical also. These straps are thin and can be "moved" to fit and further contour with your foot, ankle and leg for support and a more custom fit as the swelling slowly goes down. Mine turned every shade under the rainbow and more. But find that relief valve first. Mine was a small black knob about the diameter of a dime and 3/8" in height.

how does the relief valve work ? Push, Pull or Twist ?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how does the relief valve work ? Push, Pull or Twist ?

I believe mine turned .... lefty, righty style. It should have arrows on it. And maybe it pulled out and turned to sit upon a high spot to let all the air out. Check PM and give me a call if you'd like. Wishing ya the best Jeff.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having done this several times, my ankle is now considered disabled. Take care, and try to get a lil heat on it after the swelling goes down. Walking is good for a sprain, not sure what to do for a break. You may consider a set of high tops for the next 6 months. I did notice the magazine display in the corner. Can barely make out what it says, maybe you can post that next time your at your pc.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe mine turned .... lefty, righty style. It should have arrows on it. And maybe it pulled out and turned to sit upon a high spot to let all the air out. Check PM and give me a call if you'd like. Wishing ya the best Jeff.

Yea Counter Clockwise released the air. Thanks :thumbsup:

Having done this several times, my ankle is now considered disabled. Take care, and try to get a lil heat on it after the swelling goes down. Walking is good for a sprain, not sure what to do for a break. You may consider a set of high tops for the next 6 months. I did notice the magazine display in the corner. Can barely make out what it says, maybe you can post that next time your at your pc.

I'm walking around the house "like a big Boy" now :laughing7: unassisted ,
but will probably take my crutches with when I go outside yet.
I don't want to push things.

this Is most likely the Display you are referring to.

Many have a Coffee Table for Mags, I don't.

I purchased a Magazine rack at a Pharmacy Auction many years ago.
I have a Faux fireplace in my living room so I fastened it to the Mantel
And have my latest Magazines in it.

Unfortunately only Subscription I still have is W&E So the others are
my Last issues I ever got so they are no longer up to date

DSCF0004.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread