Seminole War relics, and 13 spear points!!

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this in the "Todays Finds" forum, but wanted to link it here as well....

A good day digging for sure!!

IMG_20121227_192531.jpg

I think my dad found a musket barrel section as well...I need to check it out tomorrow.

All 13 points were in one hole I was digging for a tiny piece of buckshot!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...eal-day-relics-13-projectile-point-cache.html

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive,and really impressive you can make the banner twice with the same find??How does that work

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive,and really impressive you can make the banner twice with the same find??How does that work

It is a software glitch, it will be corrected when admins are back on...

OP
OP
Jon Phillips

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

I think the banner glitch was because people were voting on both threads.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...you can't get much more lucky than that!

I think the Riverview area is a hot place for Indian artifacts. Back in the late '80s, I found a perfectly clear/translucent bird point while clearing a trench for a water main at an office construction site. Saw something sparkly sticking out of the side of the trench between two and three foot below the ground level. Pulled it out and there it was. I've always regretted selling that one but at the time, diapers for my daughter, was more important.

OP
OP
Jon Phillips

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just cleared the land at the end of my street for new home construction...they never really left the site during daylight, and some D-bag from the subdivision across the street rode his 4-wheeler all over the site, tearing it up, and they put up a no trespassing sign! I never got a chance to walk it, and I'm sure that it had some stuff on it, as it is real close to the spring-fed creek that runs through my place.

The clearing has revealed what appears to be a decent sized mound that is still in the wooded area between the site, and the road....It has a pretty big oak tree growing out of it, so I don't know what else it could be....Hope it survives the "improvements".....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread