Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I recently held a giveaway on my channel. Those who entered sent me self addressed envelopes in the hopes that they were one of the first two to get their letter to me. The first two have received their prizes and I am hoping these prizes reach them...but in the mean time I have 30 more fans awaiting responses. I would like to send them a few goodies for entering the contest (old jeffersons, wheats, etc.) and I would like to just place a few coins in each envelope. The problem is...I'm afraid they won't make it through the mail. I don't have the time or resources to package every letter individually so I was wondering what your opinions are on this. Have you sent loose coins through the mail in envelopes before? Did it work? Let me know, thanks!

Upvote 0

krism71

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Livonia, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut a hole the size of the coin in cardboard. Then put the coin in the hole and tape both sides so you can't feel the coin. Wrap a piece of paper around that.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Krism71 you have to do something with the coin to disguise what it is.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send as non machinable in a flip & cardboard taped on each side. then clear tape on all edges of envelope (4X8). cost is 47c + 21c surcharge. Staples has 25 count bubble pack 4 X 8 for about 20c each, buy online, ship to your local store (not a stock item most stores). high value over $5 & up, I send with tracking for $2.62. of the 500++ coins I shipped a few have been delivered into the pocket of Postal employees. 29 silver Rosies sent to Wa. state WITH TRACKING vanished, with the "sincere apologies" from the USPS + a CW button sent to Fl., silver dimes sent to BEEZ0404 in NC, a Barber dime sent to NY, ______all never to be seen again. ch!t does happen :BangHead:

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to be in a bit of a pickle...everyone sent self addressed letters- so the option of using special forms of bubble wrap letters and all that is out. All I have for resources is paper and tape. What are the laws on sending coins? What should I be afraid of? Will the letter get ripped up in the mailing machine or should I be more worried about an employee spotting the coins and refusing to mail the letter? FYI I am not too concerned with losing the coins I send because for the most part, they are not extremely valuable. But I would like the letters to arrive at their destinations. What to do ???

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tape the coins to the piece of paper so it doesn't roll around. I have received coins in the mail like this.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I have received them from EBay they were taped to a piece of newsprint folded a few times. I couldn't even tell.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to be in a bit of a pickle...everyone sent self addressed letters- so the option of using special forms of bubble wrap letters and all that is out. All I have for resources is paper and tape. What are the laws on sending coins? What should I be afraid of? Will the letter get ripped up in the mailing machine or should I be more worried about an employee spotting the coins and refusing to mail the letter? FYI I am not too concerned with losing the coins I send because for the most part, they are not extremely valuable. But I would like the letters to arrive at their destinations. What to do ???

There are no laws against sending collectible coins through the mail. The only laws regarding mailing of coins are related to exporting coins in bulk to be processed for their metal.

The only concern you should have is that the envelope could tear and the contents are lost. That's it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread